Dirt Moving New Bucket teeth?

/ New Bucket teeth? #1  

ron45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054XS
I noticed the bucket teeth look very dull and rounded. My back hoe model is K B 2376, when I called dealer in Texas he didn't have teeth for my back hoe. My teeth look like it would be very difficult to remove them. there is a hole iin the side of each tooth that looks like it has a pin in it. Which, so far, is impossible to move. It also appears that the tooth is swedged into a slot in the stub that is welded to the bucket.

With a tractor as wimpy as my LK...., I don't know the actual horse power but I'd bet it is not 30, it seems a very good idea to have sharp teeth on that bucket.

I get a lot done with this tractor, that would other wise be impossible for me to do, but I doubt there are many people who get their first tractor who don't wish they'd gotten one 10 horses or some number larger.

So how do I, and from whom can I, get better teeth on my bucket. I did take my angle grinder in hand and un round the front of the teeth but I didn't take off much material. I wanted to leave a lot of metal just behind what is almost an edge. It did dig a little better but not much. I don't want to go any further with a grinder till I know more about replacement teeth availability. It's a long way to a kioti dealer around here so I can't just pop down the street for advice. so, I've very greatful to all of you who help the folks like me who didn't grow up around heavy equipment.

Ron

/ New Bucket teeth?
I noticed the bucket teeth look very dull and rounded. My back hoe model is K B 2376, when I called dealer in Texas he didn't have teeth for my back hoe. My teeth look like it would be very difficult to remove them. there is a hole iin the side of each tooth that looks like it has a pin in it. Which, so far, is impossible to move. It also appears that the tooth is swedged into a slot in the stub that is welded to the bucket.

With a tractor as wimpy as my LK...., I don't know the actual horse power but I'd bet it is not 30, it seems a very good idea to have sharp teeth on that bucket.

I get a lot done with this tractor, that would other wise be impossible for me to do, but I doubt there are many people who get their first tractor who don't wish they'd gotten one 10 horses or some number larger.

So how do I, and from whom can I, get better teeth on my bucket. I did take my angle grinder in hand and un round the front of the teeth but I didn't take off much material. I wanted to leave a lot of metal just behind what is almost an edge. It did dig a little better but not much. I don't want to go any further with a grinder till I know more about replacement teeth availability. It's a long way to a kioti dealer around here so I can't just pop down the street for advice. so, I've very greatful to all of you who help the folks like me who didn't grow up around heavy equipment.

/ New Bucket teeth?
Perhaps I was too verbose? .....or not clear about what I wanted to know, I don't mind criticism. What would I need to type to get a line on Kioti bucket teeth please??

/ New Bucket teeth? #4  
:rolleyes: Here comes the airplane.........

* a very quick search into Ebay yielded this KIOTI KB2376 BACKHOE OPERATOR'S MANUAL AND PARTS CATALOG for LK354XS Tractors | eBay

I'm sure this manual would be very helpful and worth the $18

* A search within this very forum came up this thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/337124-kioti-kb2475-backhoe-teeth.html I think you will find post #8 exceptionally useful. It shows a part number for your teeth and shanks.

* Here is a pretty good link about bucket teeth and identification. How to select the right Bucket Teeth for your equipment and application

* The obligatory, "ask a Kioti dealer" Give them a call, I'm sure they can be of some help.

* Send an email to Michigan Iron & Equipment, they are also a great source.

Last edited:
   / New Bucket teeth? #5  
Couldn't a good local welder hard face the existing teeth, and grind the profile you want?

I remember this being done on ground engaging farm and construction equipment in my youth.

/ New Bucket teeth? #6  
Do they like this?
imgres-1.jpg

These are light duty "fabricated" covers and usually crimp on the shank. I've seen small spring type cultivators use these also. They are not a Kioti part and you should look at farm stores/dealers. I had a Woods b/h and this type was used. I ended up tacking them on as the "crimp" would not hold.

These are more standard b/h cast covers and pin on by various means but are prolly not what you have.
images-1.jpg

I just googled "backhoe tooth covers" for this one and "light duty backhoe tooth covers" and clicked on images for these pics, from there you can get a link and order them instead of running all over town.
I don't think that new one's will dramatically increase your digging power. Sharpening is a wast of time & tooth metal.

/ New Bucket teeth? #7  
I recently saw a bunch of various teeth at my local NAPA store.

/ New Bucket teeth?
No mine are quite different. But there lots of possibilities now..... Thank you everyone for all the help.

Ron