New BX1500 arrives Friday.

/ New BX1500 arrives Friday. #1  

cokeman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota T1570
I finally decided to trade the TG1860D for a BX. I'm getting a 4 foot TPH snowblower with it as I have damaged my walk behind blower yet agian.

My other option was to spend $2500.00 Canadian on a blower for the front of the TG. I decided against it because the blower is belt drive and my TG doesn't have hydraulic lift. I also thought I would be happier with 4WD.

I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Dean

/ New BX1500 arrives Friday. #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm getting a 4 foot TPH snowblower with it as I have damaged my walk behind blower yet agian.

My other option was to spend $2500.00 Canadian on a blower for the front of the TG. )</font>

They have a nice front blower for the bx1500. Mine works great.

/ New BX1500 arrives Friday.
Well the snow plow just went by and filled in the end of my driveway. It looks like i'll have to shovel it out by hand (I shudder at the thought) since I won't get the machine till Friday.

Here's what I paid.

2004 BX1500D 11445.00
Agro Trend C48 Blower 1300.00
Total 12745
TG1860D 54 -6800.00
Difference 5945.00
These prices include a discount of 620.00. I also got a guaranteed price on a 48 inch MMM of 1900.00 which is discounted by 400.00 for a total discount of 1020.00 once I buy the mower. All these prices are in Canadian Dollars.

Any Thoughts?

Slowzuki: What would this cost in New brunswick?

Dean

Kevinj: I decided to go TPH Blower because it's a lot less money and my driveway is not very long. I also wanted to keep the front end free of attatchments for when I get a FEL I can use it and the blower without removing one for the other. You are right though- The front blower is slick.

BTW-It cost about 3500.00 for the front snow blower here.
(Canadian dollars)

/ New BX1500 arrives Friday. #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I also got a guaranteed price on a 48 inch MMM of 1900.00 )</font>
Be sure to look at the 54" mower. It is a lot more mower for a few dollars more. It rolls out on its own wheels, heavier steel, steel chute rather than plastic, etc.

/ New BX1500 arrives Friday. #6  
With a front blower I've never found a reason to use a loader.

Ever come home from work and there is a couple inches of snow in the driveway? It's really cold out and you just drive over it. It packs down and gets hard and turns to ice. No snow blower will remove that. My friends FEL scrapes that crap off his paved drive in no time. After a ten hour day dragging Coke products through snow and over snow banks
sometimes I just don't want to deal with the driveway when I get home.

/ New BX1500 arrives Friday. #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ever come home from work and there is a couple inches of snow in the driveway? It's really cold out and you just drive over it. It packs down and gets hard and turns to ice. No snow blower will remove that )</font>

I understand your logic and would not talk anyone out of a loader. The Kubota front blower has down pressure and is very capable of removing the snow which has been driven on. It will not cut like a loader but does a very good job. I went from a heavy Western Pro plow on a truck to the Kubota blower and am well satisfied.

Kevinj: I'm glad to see you have positive comments about your machine. I hope I am as satisfied with mine as you are yours. How is the two banger for power? Do you ever wish you had bought one of the three cylinder machines? My old machine is a three cylinder but my dealer promises me the new two cylinder will do everything I want. I'm like a kid in a candy store right now. Looking forward to blowing some snow!

/ New BX1500 arrives Friday. #10  
I have had mine about a year now and have 75 hours on it. I have a 30 year background in equipment from mowers to class eight diesel trucks so I match my machine for the bulk of my needs and then rent a machine or hire out big jobs. I mow about one acre or so, about four months per year, blow some snow over three months per year. For my 2.5 acres this is plenty of machine. It will outperform any 20+ hp gas garden type tractor. It is very good on fuel, about 1/3 gal per hour mowing abd a 1/2 or so on the blower. I have taken out snow six inches deep full width at a good rate of travel. Yes there are a few times when you get the Tim Allen syndrome such as a two foot deep drift but it blew it out just fine sending the snow up into the power lines. Any other questions, drop a note. I have used a 60" rear blade on it to push snow last year and plenty of power and traction for that too. One note, I do not have the FEL. When I need one I rent or go borrow my Dads B7500.