New BX23!

/ New BX23! #1  

ScottBX23

Tractor
Kubota BX23
I've been meaning to post this for a while but got caught up with work and digging holes /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. The knowledge base from TBN was a great help in selecting the BX23 ... thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Tractor purchase data:
BX23: $15,995
5' blade: $275
block heater: $100
3yr-0% $95

Total: $16,465

Compared prices up to a 600 mile radious from Pagosa Springs, CO, and all quoted similar prices within $300 (except a place in Utah that quated $14,500 for the tractor). Purchased the BX23 at Southwest AG in Bayfield, 40 miles one-way.

I am having the Dealer do the 50hr service for about $350 - they will pay transport cost (about a $200 value). I'll have to do subsequent services.

So far I have re-graded our 350' driveway and got rid of the 8" ruts /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (no gravel on the drive ... just broken down shale /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif - future project /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif).

I am now working on lowering grades around the house for proper drainage - at least 2' lower with a lot of shale - hard stuff, but it flakes and breaks down easy. I am building a ramp with the material excavated...

I got the BH off in 5 min. the first time, but took me 2hrs to figure out the 3-pt hitch. The blade the Dealer sent did not fit and sent a new one out the next day (I liked it better than the first one). Putting the BH back on was also easy and quick. I have driven with the breaks on more than once /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif and have reviewed the posts for putting on a warning light /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

This is a great little machine and loads of fun /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 694826-Kubota-2.jpg
    694826-Kubota-2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 394
   / New BX23! #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've been meaning to post this for a while but got caught up with work and digging holes /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. The knowledge base from TBN was a great help in selecting the BX23 ... thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Tractor purchase data:
BX23: $15,995
5' blade: $275
block heater: $100
3yr-0% $95

Total: $16,465

Compared prices up to a 600 mile radious from Pagosa Springs, CO, and all quoted similar prices within $300 (except a place in Utah that quated $14,500 for the tractor). Purchased the BX23 at Southwest AG in Bayfield, 40 miles one-way.

I am having the Dealer do the 50hr service for about $350 - they will pay transport cost (about a $200 value). I'll have to do subsequent services.

So far I have re-graded our 350' driveway and got rid of the 8" ruts /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (no gravel on the drive ... just broken down shale /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif - future project /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif).

I am now working on lowering grades around the house for proper drainage - at least 2' lower with a lot of shale - hard stuff, but it flakes and breaks down easy. I am building a ramp with the material excavated...

I got the BH off in 5 min. the first time, but took me 2hrs to figure out the 3-pt hitch. The blade the Dealer sent did not fit and sent a new one out the next day (I liked it better than the first one). Putting the BH back on was also easy and quick. I have driven with the breaks on more than once /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif and have reviewed the posts for putting on a warning light /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

This is a great little machine and loads of fun /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

)</font>
=============
BX23: $15,995. <font color="red"> Did you get a mower? </font>

I am having the Dealer do the 50 hr service for about $350. <font color="red"> Save $275 .Do it your self. </font>

I'll have to do subsequent services. <font color="red"> If you can do the second service you can do the first one; why waist $275?? </font>

/ New BX23! #3  
Congrats on the new machine. I just spent the weekend digging out stumps with mine where I plan to build a workshop. I am always impressed with what this machine can do. I am almost up to the 50 hour service. I am going to try it myself. I figure it will let me get more familiar with the underside of the tractor. Good luck with your projects. Remember to post some pics so we can see how they turn out.
Allen

/ New BX23! #4  
Congratulations on your new machine! Read the manual all the way through, you'll be glad you did. I've had mine for almost a year now and I am very happy with it. Good luck & be safe.

/ New BX23! #5  
From one new owner to another - Congratulations! Sounds like you haven't wasted much time putting yours to good use.

/ New BX23! #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Congrats on the new machine. I just spent the weekend digging out stumps with mine where I plan to build a workshop. I am always impressed with what this machine can do. I am almost up to the 50 hour service. <font color="red"> * </font> I am going to try it myself. I figure it will let me get more familiar with the underside of the tractor. Good luck with your projects. Remember to post some pics so we can see how they turn out.
Allen )</font>
==========
<font color="red"> * </font>If you can change the oil in your car you can do the service.

/ New BX23!
/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif OK, I'll change the oil and save the $$ -

No mower came with the unit, but I don't have much grass that needs to be cut - mostly native vegetation.

The overall cost is higher than what I have seen on this site. However, the Dealer had five other units sold at this price with a 6th one sold in transit; and we had a 6 week wait!

Attachments

• 695590-Kubota-3.jpg
    695590-Kubota-3.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 163
   / New BX23! #8  
You shure look dog tired in that picture..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif