New BX2350

/ New BX2350 #1  

JD F350

Hey guys, gals great forum! I'm a new member and a proud new owner of 2350 which I traded in a brand new factory replacement Cub Cadet 6284 end of last season. It's equipt with FEL and 60" MMM. Two questions I have is how come these don't have a fuel water separator? And just curious what RPM yall mow at? Thanks again. John

/ New BX2350 #2  
Welcome to the Orange world. Warning: It can become addictive! I First purchased a BX2200, MMM, FEL 4 years ago. One year later traded BX2200 for a B7800, RFM, FEL. Then purchased a BX1500, MMM for wife to help me mow. Three years later traded B7800 for a L3240HSD FEL. Then purchased a T1770? gas mower last year for another property. Sold the T couple weeks ago and ordered a F2880E 60" deck which still hasn't came in. Last week traded the BX1500 to a BX2350 60"MMM and used it once to mow really high grass. Ran it at 2300RPM but that was maybe a little fast, not sure. Don't know any thing about water seperator, never had one so guess I never needed one. Again, congratulations on you first Kubota. You will love it! The BX's are great tractors that also mow and to me are the best for mowing a yard of all the Kubotas. They also can do some hefty moving of dirt, rock and other things. Don't have that much snow here so don't know about snow removal but others seem to think they do that well.

/ New BX2350 #3  
You'll enjoy your little tractor! They are remarkably capable machines. For best cut, mow at full throttle. In light grass you can drop the RPMs some. Just look and see what quality of cut you're getting and adjust from there. Personally, I mow at full throttle, high range and almost full HST speed where space and terrain permit. Others prefer low speed range but in normal grass I find that to be way too slow. I haven't verified, but the tractor uses considerably more fuel per hour at WOT but I can mow faster so probably a good trade.

/ New BX2350 #4  
Welcome to the Kubota Klan. I have 50 hours on a BX2350 I got last fall and I really don't know how I got along without it. As for mowing RPM, I keep it around 2900 and 3000. As for the fuel separator, I can recall seeing one on any of the sub cuts I looked at when I was shopping.

/ New BX2350 #5  
Two thirds to three quarters will give you the best results for mowing. On the fuel/water seperator, I can't think of too many tractors that have them! It's far more common on large trucks and only a few cars.

/ New BX2350 #6  
I run mine at full throttle all the time when mowing. There is long run in the back that should have an idler pulley on it and the belt flops around more if you run it slower.

/ New BX2350 #7  
Full throttle means that the blade is more likely to "cut" the grass stem as opposed to breaking, ripping, tearing it.

Full throttle also keeps the blades at higher inertia; there is more kinetic energy and should you encounter enough resistance to begin lugging down, you have a moment or two more to slow your forward tractor travel speed and recover momentum in the blades.

I believe my manual recommended running the first 50 hours at a bit less than full throttle, but to run the MMM at full throttle thereafter.

/ New BX2350
Thanks for all the replys:D I'll try to post a pic up when I get a chance. Looking to mount a small tool/parts box and saw a pic of one behind the seat looked like a nice job

/ New BX2350 #9  
My tool tray/saw carrier is very usefull but can't be used with a 3ph implement , the top link will hit it, fortunatley it comes off in seconds. So take that into account when designing yours.
Welcome to TBN

/ New BX2350 #10  
I had been mowing at slightly less than full throttle, but I just re-did my lawn so the grass is now very dense. And I bag. What I found is that the overall cutting (and especially bagging) performance greatly increases with the extra RPMs. I am now a WOT mower.

Congrats, by the way. You'll find new and inventive ways to get seat time, I assure you.