New cheap saw

/ New cheap saw #1  

Kenneth in Texas

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 4wd, FEL
but seems to work good, when she breaks buy another one.

Attachments

• P9280196.jpg
    P9280196.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 442
   / New cheap saw #2  
That's the 50cc model 20" correct?

I have the 42cc model 18". I cut 6 cords per year for the last 6 years with it. Never had the spark plug out. Never fails to start or run. A little weak on 18" wood, but fine on 14-16" wood. The only problem I've had with it is the fuel line turned to mush and I had to replace that. I blame the 10% ethenol gas. (can't prove it, but fun to blame something! :laughing: ).

I think Poulan undersizes their motors for the bars they put on them. Put an 18" bar on that thing and it will be a terror. If my 18" ever dies, I'm buying the 20" like yours and putting my 18" gear on it. For the money, they are a very good deal. :thumbsup:

/ New cheap saw
yes thats the 50cc 20" bar, seems like it was an excellent price at $199 at TS, so far i really like it, has a lot of power and so far pretty easy to start. Bought it for the size engine, really didnt need the 20" bar but a 16 or 18" bar and it would be a monster.

/ New cheap saw #7  
I`ve had a Poulan for the past 9 years as well as a Stihl 026. The Cheapo Poulan ALWAYS starts and is much easier to handle for my use. The way more $$ Stihl will go through wood like a beaver on amphetamines, but it`s always a bugger to start.
No complaints so far about my Crappy-tire saw.
:thumbsup:

/ New cheap saw #8  
I always seem to find some nasty wood to cut up, that a cheap saw would be handy for.

/ New cheap saw #10  
Well, I'm happy for you. I also needed a new chain saw. I was reluctant to buy the HD/Lowes/TSC units even at a reduced price. My Poulan Hedge Trimmer disappointed after a few years of ownership. My Husqvarna Leaf Blower though runs like a top. I just purchased an Echo Chain Saw from my local dealer, a CS400 (a top of the home owner line) with an 18 inch bar. It was $299 but there was a promotion and I got the case/baroil/2cycle gas mix thrown in ( a $40-50 retail value). The Echo or Stihl was my preferred choice & I was leaning to Echo, so that sealed the deal for me. (I've owned my current Stihl/case for over 25 years, but today's machines are not the same. Good Luck. I hope to own my Echo for 25 years! Yipes at my age I hope to own anything for 25 years!!:)