New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #1  

Chugbug

Silver Member
Tractor
BX25
1st things 1st, I've never owned a tractor, so I'm pretty challenged! Looking at buying something buy next spring (wife said so!!!!) We recently built a new home on 6.5 acres; 2 acres of lawn, 1/4 mile gravel drive way and the rest is field grass and will be leaving most of it as is. With the past 2 months I began looking and from everything I've been able to see Kubota is the way to go but now the problem / questions..........I'm looking at either the 2660, the 2320 or the BX24 /25. I need a FEL, PHD, rear blade and and a grader box for the driveway. I'm also interested in a back hoe but not sure I really need one yet. We've got alot of yard / driveway work to do, in the next 2 years will be planting trees, laying fence and possibly a new 20 X 30 patio, along with a few other projects. What is the real difference between these mowers and which should i really look at? I like the 2660 but the 2320 looks more like a tractor. What is the real difference between the 2660 and the BX24 /25 models. I know I've asked alot but HELP!!!

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #2  
I'm looking at either the 2660, the 2320 or the BX24 /25. I need a FEL, PHD, rear blade and and a grader box for the driveway. I'm also interested in a back hoe but not sure I really need one yet. We've got alot of yard / driveway work to do, in the next 2 years will be planting trees, laying fence and possibly a new 20 X 30 patio, along with a few other projects. What is the real difference between these mowers and which should i really look at? I like the 2660 but the 2320 looks more like a tractor. What is the real difference between the 2660 and the BX24 /25 models. I know I've asked alot but HELP!!!

The BX24/25 is Kubota's subcompact TLB. It is the only BX model that has a factory backhoe. The other BX models such as the BX2660 do not include the backhoe. You can always add an aftermarket backhoe though such as the Woods BH6000 - Woods Equipment Company - BH6000 (6')

The new small frame Bxx20 series Kubotas (such as the B2320) are a nice step up from the BX. They offer more ground clearance, larger tires, a 3 speed hydro (vs 2 speed on BX), and higher 3pt hitch and FEL capacities. They also offer a Kubota factory backhoe option (BH65) and even offer a factory mechanical thumb for the backhoe.

Between the two, the B2320 is more tractor but also more $$ with the backhoe than a BX24/25 would be. They both offer full floating mower decks so both should cut about the same. I am sure a BX would do what you want but the B would give you more options down the road. Kubota also makes the B2620 and B2920 in that series. For your land I would get the B2320 with BH65. I would also price out the B2620/B2920 with the BH65. Now is the time to buy with the zero percent financing.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #3  
I have owned a BX23, B2410, and now the B3030. I live on 2.5 acres and like the b series size tractor better than the BX. The FEL bucket capacity and lift weight are greater on the B-series and the ride is smoother due to the larger size and tires.

For brushcutting about 1.5 acres of my property the B3030 and B2410 work well and leave a good cut. I use a 5 ft WOODS rotary cutter on my B3030. The BX with a 42" WOODS cutter left a lousy cut and the ride was very bumpy in the field with the smaller BX.

For a PHD the B3030 or other B series would be better than the BX due to their larger size. The BX is best matched with subcut implements.

I had the B2410 first and traded down for a BX23. I felt this was a mistake and did not use the backhoe as much as I thought I would. I since traded up to the B3030 and am very pleased with this tractor. I have the front hydraulic plow on this tractor for snow removal and this setup seemed more powerful and better than my former BX front plow setup.

I have a ZTR for lawn mowing. The B2920 and other New smaller Bseries tractor are also nice but were not available when I got my B3030. For Field cutting the BX ride will be very bumpy compared to the others. For your size property I would opt for the b series as opposed to the BX.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #4  
I have the 2620 for 3 acres that I own and I have been also starting to maintain another 2 acres or so of woods that runs into my land owned by the State. I think for your size property and the work you want to do this size would be a perfect fit for you. I recenlty owned a NH scut (eqivilant to the BX series) and although I nice little work horse you may want more pto horse power than the BX offers if your using a lot of 3pt pto driven implements (brush cutter, PHD etc...) Good Luck!

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #5  
I have been also starting to maintain another 2 acres or so of woods that runs into my land owned by the State.

Better watch this as your insurance may not cover things operating the tractor on this property.
L . B .

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #6  
Better watch this as your insurance may not cover things operating the tractor on this property.
L . B .

Yes, Thanks for the heads up LBrown. I have thought about this as well so if I ever need an insurance claim due to any damage incurred on this land I will be sure to pull the tractor out to my actually owned property and then call them:D

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #7  
first step... stop reading stuff online and go to a dealer. The specs and stuff have no context until you see the machine and sit in the seat. A good salesperson can start you in the right direction... then jump online and read.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #8  
Chug,

About the backhoe: I recently purchased a BX2350 but sort of wish I had gone for the BX24 (or?) with the backhoe. I suppose it depends on a lot of things. Every time I plant a 5 gal (or larger) tree or shrub, everytime I transplant an existing plant or have to take out even small stumps, I wish I had the backhoe.

Due to some newly acquired drainage problem (new neighbor building) I probably will dig a ditch about 60 feet long for drain pipe etc.... backhoe needed.

I don't need a large backhoe for the things I have to do BUT a small backhoe would make my life MUCH easier.

I also need the three point hook up which can be "just another thing to do" when you need a box blade, brush hog, landscape rake and things that have to be attached to the back of the tractor.

Remember small properties require changes in implements more often (IMHO) than larger tracts of land, so the availability of kicking off the backhoe, storing it for a time and quickly hooking up 3 pt. implements works in your favor.

Digging post holes is something I cannot seem to get away from for some reason...running an auger with the backhoe, having the ability to reverse direction...a lot better IMHO than working off the 3 pt.

So what to do? Kubota makes so many different arrangements available that if you have the money to spend, I, that's just me, I would get the backhoe. You won't need it every day but when you do..............

You can, in most cases, add a backhoe later but it's very expensive but so is trading up to another tractor.

Good luck to you. Paul

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #9  
I'm not goin' to argue which size tractor to get w/everyone, but I do like my BX24;) however having a backhoe makes so many things easier. For instance digging. You can level out hard ground that a loader or blade couldn't break through. Dig up rocks in the yard. Dig out tree stumps. Dig out culverts. Dig out ditches. Did I mention you could DIG? Get the hoe and don't look back. You'll thank me later. Good luck and happy digging:D.

/ New comer; Looking to buy 2660? 2320? BX24/25 #10  
I'm not goin' to argue which size tractor to get w/everyone, but I do like my BX24;) however having a backhoe makes so many things easier. For instance digging. You can level out hard ground that a loader or blade couldn't break through. Dig up rocks in the yard. Dig out tree stumps. Dig out culverts. Dig out ditches. Did I mention you could DIG?
Get the hoe and don't look back. You'll thank me later.
Good luck and happy digging:D.
How True .