New Cub Cadet Purchase - Help!!!

/ New Cub Cadet Purchase - Help!!!
Thanks very much for the input. Struggled making the decision between a 2554 or a 3100. My wife got involved (she was motivated by your comments and is a better haggler than I), called multiple dealerships and did some wheeling and dealing. We got the 3100 for $4,699, the 54" deck for $500 and an Ohio Steel 17 cu ft cart for $279.99 (total of $5,807.73 with 6% sales tax). Delivery is 7/16/2005. Hope to enjoy many happy years of yard and garden work on my new Cub Cadet. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Cub Cadet Purchase - Help!!! #12  
Congrats on the machine !! please come back and show us some pictures !!

/ New Cub Cadet Purchase - Help!!! #13  
Congrats on the machine! Sounds like there is quite a bit of room to move on pricing... I picked my 2544 up for well under $2800 early in the spring. These tractors are like boats... no matter which one you buy, you will always want a bigger one some day! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ New Cub Cadet Purchase - Help!!! #14  
Congrats on the new 3100....hope it works out for you. I just got one of the few remaining 05 3100s...with 54 inch deck this morning. Paid $4795.00 for the tractor and the deck. I think that is about the price they usually got for just the tractor. I am not real impressed with the sheet metal, but the parts that do the work...front axle, rear differential, drive shafts and mower deck with related parts all look top of the line! I compared it to the JD before buying and there is no way I would have gotten that much tractor from JD for that price. I still like my JD 112 w/electric lift, but the wife is going to be running the Cub...pwr steering a must have!
Have fun...the grass is getting ready to grow as we speak!

/ New Cub Cadet Purchase - Help!!! #15  
With that much yard to tend to you'll definitely apprerciate the power steering and the comfort of knowing you have a hassle free shaft driven deck. There is no such thing as, "Too much tractor," in the manly-man's manual /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sounds like you made the right move! Have fun /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Fordlords-

/ New Cub Cadet Purchase - Help!!! #16  
I also looked at JD, Sears and Kubota tractors. Spent a lot of time looking at the 3100's and was going to get a leftover 2004 3100( this was last spring). After meeting 4 CC dealers multiple times I wound up getting a 2005 3200.
I must say that it has been a great tractor and a lot of fun, no regrets so far.

Best of Luck with your Cubs's!!

/ New Cub Cadet Purchase - Help!!! #17  
I looked at that 3200 also...the 06 model. It was selling for $5999.00. A nice looking unit also....same 54" deck, additional hydraulics, tilt steering (moves back and forth but really didn't seem to tilt). We won't be putting any additional attachments on our tractor, so decided on the 3100. It was already pushing our budget (we originally were going to get a 2554) so we will see how it works when the grass starts growing. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif