New DK4720SE add-on's? Are they DIY friendly?

/ New DK4720SE add-on's? Are they DIY friendly? #1  

mitch8628

Tractor
2020 Kioti CK3510SE
I'm an avid DIYer and have tons of experience working equipment and vehicles. I am looking to upgrade from the CK3510SE to a DK4720SE Cab. Since the DK doesn't have some of the "niceties" that the CK has (HST linked pedal, cruise control, arm rests, rear wiper, 2nd rear remote, upgraded 3 point links), just curious if anybody has installed any of these add-ins and what work is involved? I'm looking at all stock Kioti parts, and not aftermarket.

HST Linked Pedal
Cruise Control
Arm Rests
Rear Wiper
2nd Rear Remote
3rd function

I am not afraid to do work such as this, just not sure if any special tools or procedures are needed for these add-ons.

/ New DK4720SE add-on's? Are they DIY friendly? #2  
Cruise control- ~ 1 hour
Rear wiper- same
Rear remote and 3rd function - dealer installed before p/u. 3rd function was 1000 and extra remote was 500
3 point kit- ~1/2 hour
Front and rear camera- ~ 1 hour

DK5310SE cab, your timed results may vary :)

/ New DK4720SE add-on's? Are they DIY friendly? #3  
Wait, the DK "SE" tractors don't come with those features? And if you are buying new from a dealership, wouldn't you want them to install them for you?

/ New DK4720SE add-on's? Are they DIY friendly?
Wait, the DK "SE" tractors don't come with those features? And if you are buying new from a dealership, wouldn't you want them to install them for you?

Correct, while the DK's are still SE, they are missing a lot of the SE features that the CK has. They are available after the fact as add-ons, but not standard. I believe the NX is the next line that has all of the "SE" features.

I got quotes from the dealer for these things. I also found the parts and what I could potentially buy them from some dealer online (I think kiotionlineparts.com). The parts are much cheaper than the actual install, which is why I asked the question. It's also possible I didn't look for the correct part, or get all of them into my search.
Part | Dealer Installed | Part Price
Linked Pedal | $1358 | $169
3rd Function | $1667
Cruise Control | $606 | $174
2nd Rear Remote | $694 | $379
Rear Wipe | $442 | ??
Arm Rests | $483 | $190

/ New DK4720SE add-on's? Are they DIY friendly? #5  
Went through this when I got my 5310 back in March, dealer only charged me for parts though and included the installation as part of our overall deal.

Didn't do linked pedal and the dealer did say that was one of the PIA installs, so if I wanted it, better to have them do it.

2nd rear remote is best left to the dealer with the cab model as it requires getting under the seat / cab.

I did have them do the cruise control, but it's a simple magnet installation & looks pretty easy.

3rd function isn't a bad install, but I didn't want to deal with it, same with the arm rest, just a bolt on. I don't use the right arm rest as much as I thought I would as I constantly have to flip it up to access the 3 point & hydro levers.

I did later add the review mirror in the cab, didn't think I would need it, but has turned out to be helpful, think I got it on Amazon and just bolts right onto the bracket.

One thing I didn't get & I regret is the rear window wiper, if you do end up getting that, can you post the part number or kit number? I've been looking for them online but can't find the part number 😕

/ New DK4720SE add-on's? Are they DIY friendly? #6  
One thing I didn't get & I regret is the rear window wiper, if you do end up getting that, can you post the part number or kit number? I've been looking for them online but can't find the part number 😕
The kits aren’t considered parts, They are considered “whole goods” handled by the sales people apparently :unsure:
Pretty sure mine was AAA171

/ New DK4720SE add-on's? Are they DIY friendly? #7  
Correct, while the DK's are still SE, they are missing a lot of the SE features that the CK has. They are available after the fact as add-ons, but not standard. I believe the NX is the next line that has all of the "SE" features.

I got quotes from the dealer for these things. I also found the parts and what I could potentially buy them from some dealer online (I think kiotionlineparts.com). The parts are much cheaper than the actual install, which is why I asked the question. It's also possible I didn't look for the correct part, or get all of them into my search.
Part | Dealer Installed | Part Price
Linked Pedal | $1358 | $169
3rd Function | $1667
Cruise Control | $606 | $174
2nd Rear Remote | $694 | $379
Rear Wipe | $442 | ??
Arm Rests | $483 | $190
If your doing cruise and linked pedal do both at same time. Steering wheel and console have to come off and the right side floor panel. Easy on open station not sure on cab model. Those labor cost are crazy, especially since they have it all apart to do one but charge like each install is seperate.

/ New DK4720SE add-on's? Are they DIY friendly? #8  
I am slow to reply.., adding a rear remote or two is very straight forward for an avid DIYer. I just replaced a leaking O-Ring in mine - first time working with hydraulics! I blame the dealer for selecting the wrong O-ring 7 years ago when it was first installed , so yes, you should be able to do a better job than some dealers. Here are all the parts laid out. Contact me with questions.
PXL_20230930_140740483.jpg
PXL_20230930_142548714.jpg

/ New DK4720SE add-on's? Are they DIY friendly? #9  
I am slow to reply.., adding a rear remote or two is very straight forward for an avid DIYer. I just replaced a leaking O-Ring in mine - first time working with hydraulics! I blame the dealer for selecting the wrong O-ring 7 years ago when it was first installed , so yes, you should be able to do a better job than some dealers. Here are all the parts laid out. Contact me with questions.
How much more difficult would it be (in your opinion) with a cab unit?

/ New DK4720SE add-on's? Are they DIY friendly?
Hydraulics are one thing I have never worked on. But of course am willing to learn!!!

Someday, I'd like to get a rear blade with hydraulic options, like rotation, tilt, and offset. So, I would need I guess at least 3 remotes for that function. Are 2nd,3rd, and 4th rear remotes easy to add? I'll have do do some research on how to add rear remotes to a tractor. I just don't understand the mechanics of it yet.