New DK5310SE(C)HST

/ New DK5310SE(C)HST #1  

Idahoagie

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5310HST Cab
So this finally showed up Wednesday.

20210505_095824.jpg

I had originally ordered an NX4510 Open Station, but after promising a 4 week delivery, then 6, then 10, we opted to go for the DK when was coming in. Dealer made me a good deal, about the same price as the NX, but now with a cab. But still not an easy acquisition. First the promised arrival date of the DK was missed. They are out of stock on the 2nd rear remote and the cruise control. Then the assembly tech lost a family member and no one else could complete the set up. So another week goes by. But the dealer offered to comp the 50hr service and include the installation of the two accessories. So that saved us a few hundred bucks.

But the fun wasn't over. I included a Woods box blade and Woods front forks. Used the forks to move some things down to a barn. Backing out of the barn I started to lose power. I look down and the temperature gauge is pegged on "H". Shut down immediately and I knew what it was. I had asked for a block heater to be included. Do you think it would have been a good idea to check the coolant level, and replace the fluid lost, when the tech popped out the freeze plug to install the block heater? Of course I had no anti-freeze handy so I just added water. Guess what else I'll be asking for at the 50hr service? Yep. Drain, flush and refill the coolant system.

Put a few hours on it yesterday. This thing has plenty of power. Move some rock and boulders. Ripped up some hard ground with the box blade. Overall very impressed with the tractor, despite the issues ordering, receiving and first use.

Wicked 60 should be here in about a month. Then we can really get started with what we bought this for: cleaning out the detritus from the logging we had done last summer.

Last edited:
   / New DK5310SE(C)HST #2  
Nice tractor. I am also waiting for a wicked 60. I was told the grapple would be a 12 week wait when I ordered it in March. Are they catching up on their backlog?

Dave

/ New DK5310SE(C)HST
No, I ordered mine in March as well. Travis gave me an update when I emailed to let him know I was changing tractor models. (It didn't matter; Wicked 60 was his recommendation for either tractor model.) That was at the end of April and he told me it was still about 4+ weeks until it shipped. So 12 weeks total wait on my order as well.

/ New DK5310SE(C)HST #4  
Nice tractor. I think you will be very happy with a cab. Check all lug nuts as well as all the bolts on leveling rod. Many have come loose in first few hours and rod gets all bent up. As well, loader mounting bolts. Enjoy.

/ New DK5310SE(C)HST #5  
Only thing I don’t like on the new dk series is the huge door. My 2011 dk45 has a smaller door and a side pop open window on both sides. The window helps a lot with fogging windows on cold winter days.

other than that, my dk has 1500 pretty much trouble free hours.

/ New DK5310SE(C)HST
Yep. I've read about loosening bolts. Apparently the dealer has too as they torque-striped all of the loader bolts. I am going to do the same to the lug nuts. Quick visual check and you know if any bolts or nuts have moved. Thanks.

/ New DK5310SE(C)HST
Only thing I don’t like on the new dk series is the huge door. My 2011 dk45 has a smaller door and a side pop open window on both sides. The window helps a lot with fogging windows on cold winter days.

other than that, my dk has 1500 pretty much trouble free hours.

At first I wasn't going to get a cab. Lots of extra money. But now that I have it I like it. The door is huge and if you happen to break one you're looking at about $800-900 for a new one.

We'll see how it handles cold weather next winter. It seems to have a pretty good A/C-Heating system.

/ New DK5310SE(C)HST #8  
Just be aware, the cab may fog inside if it gets too hot inside. At times I have heater on and run ac compressor at same time to decrease moisture. Or I crack the side window.

/ New DK5310SE(C)HST #10  
Congrats! I decided on no cab, hearing how easily the glass can break, and how much it costs.... knowing me I would have definitely broken it in the bush