New ex2900 under 50 hours first mowing

/ New ex2900 under 50 hours first mowing #11  
No backhoe for me. Never liked them. Thats just my 2 cents

/ New ex2900 under 50 hours first mowing #12  
I was wondering if you store your tractor on a garage? I was trying to see if I could fit a Lx4100 in a 2 Car garage with a backhoe installed. I know the height is a issue but was wondering if I could lower it slightly along with the ROPS. I have about 17 ft depth to work with and that would leave me some room. With a FEL and Backhoe do you know the total length of your machine?

I keep my LX in a garage with a standard sized door but I don't have a loader. The ROPs hinge is about 6 feet high and I have to fold it each time I enter the garage.

I took a length measurement of mine this morning and that along with the 54 inch "transport overhang" Yanmar lists for the DB85 backhoe, I think your total length will be just under 19 feet from the tip of the loader to the back of the hoe. I agree swinging the hoe to the side may help, you could also simply drop the loader bucket off the quick attach and leave it outside to save you another 18 inches or so.

/ New ex2900 under 50 hours first mowing #13  
Thanks so much for the info. The Loader bucket comes off a lot easier. I'll just have to remember to lower the ropes and hoe when entering and exiting the garage. I think my door height was 85" . That's good news to here. I just had surgery yesterday so I'll be of commission for while. I really like this tractor after driving it but I'm new to tractors but I am a mechanic and it seem to be built well. Thanks again for your input.

/ New ex2900 under 50 hours first mowing #14  
Thanks so much for the info. The Loader bucket comes off a lot easier. I'll just have to remember to lower the ropes and hoe when entering and exiting the garage. I think my door height was 85" . That's good news to here. I just had surgery yesterday so I'll be of commission for while. I really like this tractor after driving it but I'm new to tractors but I am a mechanic and it seem to be built well. Thanks again for your input.

DO REMEMBER TO FOLD YOUR ROPS!!!! proof in is this picture. I opened the door just enough so i could get under it and then went on the tractor. BAD IDEA. With out even thinking about it i started driving out and well i really don't need to say the rest. I was just glad i didn't scratch the tractor. A couple kicks to the garage door panel and i was back in business. I do have 8' high garage doors which is just enough so i don't have to fold the rops but i do need to remember to open it all the way.:mur:
017.JPG018.JPG

/ New ex2900 under 50 hours first mowing #15  
I see. I will have to figure out a system so I don't screwup. My Wife did the same thing many years ago with a minivan but did some damage. I thinking of some ideas and I let you know if I come up with anything.

/ New ex2900 under 50 hours first mowing #16  
I've hit the top of my garage door framing with the ROPS a couple times, but I'm usually creeping it in so slow in low or medium HST gear that I hear the ROPS come into contact before it does any real damage. I'll then cuss myself out, backup, hop off and the lower the ROPS. I am getting better at lowering it first tho. :duh:

I think you'll like the Yanmar LX, quite possibly because I haven't read about anyone has bought one and didn't like it! Here's a video of mine plowing snow this winter with a truck plow I adapted to it.

/ New ex2900 under 50 hours first mowing
Thanks for the input. I've been mowing between 2000-2500 RPM depending on incline, thickness, etc. I think the exhaust issue was just perhaps an oddity. The ex2900 has been running tremendously well, doing all I ask of it with ease, and then some. I've been mowing, doing a lot of FEL work, pushing down some little trees, repairing ground hog damage, etc.

No backhoe for me, but with my double-wide garage door which is taller than standard I can drive in/out without folding the ROPS and can park inside easily, even with the 3pt finish mower and FEL attached. Very handy for leveling, late night checks of fluids, etc.

/ New ex2900 under 50 hours first mowing #18  
Thanks for the input. I've been mowing between 2000-2500 RPM depending on incline, thickness, etc. I think the exhaust issue was just perhaps an oddity. The ex2900 has been running tremendously well, doing all I ask of it with ease, and then some. I've been mowing, doing a lot of FEL work, pushing down some little trees, repairing ground hog damage, etc.

No backhoe for me, but with my double-wide garage door which is taller than standard I can drive in/out without folding the ROPS and can park inside easily, even with the 3pt finish mower and FEL attached. Very handy for leveling, late night checks of fluids, etc.

Do you know the total length of your machine with the finish mower installed? Thank for the info