Tractor Sizing New farm needs a new toy

/ New farm needs a new toy
Here's a picture of the barn going up hopefully soon.

Attachments

• barn plans.pdf
    823.1 KB · Views: 129
   / New farm needs a new toy
Here's a satellite image. The northern part is 20 acres of waterfowl management ground. It can only be hayed and grazed. The road to the south is 41st street just one mile north of Wild Water West. The road to the east is Hwy 17. Pretty good location if you ask me.

Attachments

• Skibinski ranch.jpeg
    Skibinski ranch.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 179
   / New farm needs a new toy #13  
Well if i was you i wouldnt buy new. I would get my self a good used tractor in the range of a farmall 806 to 12** in a turbo diesel. I have an 806 gasser that has been bullet proof other then a couple things that was from abuse and neglect from previous owner.

Also if your putting hay up in a barn, round bales at least. Make sure your barn is built on 12foot centers. My haybarn has gates on the front of it, and they are on ten foot centers, and its to tight to get in at an angle to set bales with a tractor that is. Unless you get your self a bobcat. I would think with the price difference between new and used you will be able to afford everything else you need to go with your tractor.

The thing i like about the 1200 series you can get them in a cab with heat and ac, also they have both high and low speed ptos. The onlything your not going to have his front wheel assist and some of the extra remotes.