New Farmtrac 270DTC Grease fitting

/ New Farmtrac 270DTC Grease fitting #1  

NewToy

Veteran Member
Tractor
'05 Farmtrac 270DTC
I bought a new Farmtrac 270DTC last month and have 18 hours on it now. I have a 5' Landpride finish mower that does a great job. Yesterday I seeded about an acre of grass and I hooked a straw blower up and made short work of that job. I am new to the tractor world having just graduated from the riding mowers.
While reviewing my owners manual it says to grease the front axle pivot every 50 hrs. My pivot has no grease fitting installed, the factory said this is a new type pivot that doesn't require lubrication. Any thoughts?
I love the tractor!

John

/ New Farmtrac 270DTC Grease fitting #2  
John,
I own one of the Indian made Farmtracs. I believe you own a Korean made model?

Anyway I had the same issue. The pivot or trunion, the connection between the front axle and tractor engine/frame assembly, was also indicated in my maintenance manual as a grease lubrication point on my tractor.

I was also told that a new bearing had been used during manufacturing and that it did not require lubrication.

Jim
Love my tractor too!
Farmtrac 60
180 hours

/ New Farmtrac 270DTC Grease fitting
I guess they are just trying to see if people actually read the owners manual. I was playing with the landscape rake on my stone drive today and have it looking good. I have been having a blast on this thing and gettign some work done as well. It sure is a big difference from the Cub Cadet garden tractor that I was using. The Cub was also 27 HP (Kohler) but this thing will drag it all over the yard. I need to get a blade before the snow starts flying, was wondering if there is some type of front mount blade available?

Take care,

John