New Fawns

/ New Fawns
Actually we are expecting 30 fawns this year but we only hand raise the doe fawns and maybe a buck fawn or two if they get orphaned or sick. Most of the fawns are sold to other farmers or people who want a couple for pets. Most of the buck fawns are raised by their mothers so that they are not as friendly then we put them in a different pen with other bucks till they grow up so we can see how their antlers grow. Once they are older we sell them off, usually 3-4 years old, with price depending on how large their rack grew. We sell off some young stock as well if someone wants one. We have quite a few older bucks to sell this year and hopefully they will all be able to find good homes as I hate seeing how some people treat animals. Take care.

/ New Fawns #12  
Wow,, sounds like you will have and do have your hands full with these deer. That's got to be a blast to see and have all those deer around.

/ New Fawns #13  
Robert,
Do you need some sort of special permit to raise and sell whitetails?

New Hampshire F&G kinda frowns on the idea of one raising or selling whitetails..any wildlife.

/ New Fawns
We do need a permit which isn't hard to get as long as you have enough land to raise them on.

New Hampshire has a few Red Deer and Elk farms that I know of but I haven't seen any for whitetail deer which doesn't surprise me as some states just won't allow it. As for the states that do allow it I think there are over 35 states that allow whitetail farms and all of Canada. Here is a list of the Red Deer and Elk farms in New Hampshire that I know of.

Bonnie Brae Farms
Plymouth, New Hampshire United States

Corn Hill Farm
Boscawen, New Hampshire United States

K.M. Ranch Inc.
Nashua, New Hampshire United States

Kear-Wood Farms, LLC
Wilmot, New Hampshire United States

Sunset Ridge Ranch, Inc.
Nashua, New Hampshire United States

Twin Oaks Deer Ranch
Boscawen, New Hampshire United States

/ New Fawns
So far we have never had a problem nor have I ever heard of any other farmers having problems with ticks.