New Forum

/ New Forum #11  
I can't tell much diff now.

I'm on several forums and they all had to upgrade, because the old formats are going by the wayside.

/ New Forum #12  
only thing i'm not used to yet is the new pic upload / attachment deal. i have to remember how to use it each time.. :)

/ New Forum #13  
only thing i'm not used to yet is the new pic upload / attachment deal. i have to remember how to use it each time.. :)

I just use the "advanced" pic upload feature in this new TBN stuff. It's about the same as before.

/ New Forum #14  
I can't tell much diff now.

I'm on several forums and they all had to upgrade, because the old formats are going by the wayside.

I'm on a couple gun forums running the exact same software as our old forum here, and I've heard of no plans to upgrade yet...

/ New Forum #15  
I will admit that there are still some differences, but I have adapted and learned how some functions are now working. It took me awhile to figure out how the Check Spelling worked on the new system. I used the trial and error method. This took me several days.

There's Spell check I think I'll have to try that. I have to down load something?

/ New Forum #16  
There's Spell check I think I'll have to try that. I have to down load something?
Installing Firefox or Chrome will get you spellcheck built in rather than IESpell (which as I understand doesn't behave on the new forum).

Aaron Z

/ New Forum #17  
I run a couple forums myself and these not liking the forum threads are exactly why I install a new copy of the forum software in another folder on the server, then I post a thread with a link to the new forum asking what others think about the new forum before going with the upgrade.

I get their opinions on it then adjust the forum accordingly before releasing it, as I'm designing the forum/site for the end users and not myself. I know you can't always please everyone. lol But I try.

PS. This is just my opinion not trying to boss the mods/admins around. lol I do appreciate all the hard work you put into this site. Really great work your doing.

Chad

/ New Forum #18  
In looking at the various forums, it seems traffic has dropped off since the change.

I miss the drop down to select forums and now just go with "Today's Posts".

/ New Forum #19  
I run a couple forums myself and these not liking the forum threads are exactly why I install a new copy of the forum software in another folder on the server, then I post a thread with a link to the new forum asking what others think about the new forum before going with the upgrade.
I get their opinions on it then adjust the forum accordingly before releasing it, as I'm designing the forum/site for the end users and not myself. I know you can't always please everyone. lol But I try.
Reading between the lines, I think that (in this case), they needed a database upgrade to make the new version work, hence the hard cutover rather than a soft one like you are describing.

Aaron Z