New From Florida

/ New From Florida #1  

royt

Tractor
Jinma 354
I have 23 acres down here in Walnut Hill, 7 miles east of and 7 miles south of Alabama, almost as far NW as you can go in the Florida Panhandle. I moved down here from Maryland 7 years ago, Maryland's a good place to be from, far from. I started planting grafted pecan trees when I first moved down here, I now have 150 planted and about 14 acres of grass to cut. I bought a new Jinma 354 tractor and a Craftsman 54 inch lawn tractor when I first moved down to here; the original Craftsman (husqvarna) now has 1150 hours on it so I just bought a new Ariens (Husqvarna) lawn tractor to back it up.

I have a Koyker FEL that I bought for the Jinma and installed it right off the bat, I got the set up with the quick change bucket and also have a set of forks for the FEL. I have a 5 foot Bush Hog, a 4 foot box leveler, a short plow for trenching for pipes and a 25 gallon spray rig and last year I came upon a real deal on a new backhoe attachment, the tractor can do about anything.

Actually, the Jinma with the FEL was my muscle down here, as I moved over a two year period; I had plenty of help loading my tandem trailer in Maryland but knew few people down here to help unload it.

Royt

/ New From Florida #4  
Welcome to TBN !!!!!!!!!! :tractor:

/ New From Florida #6  
Welcome from VA, you seem to be enjoying LA.

/ New From Florida #7  
Welcome from VA, you seem to be enjoying LA.

Well, alot of folks in Florida kid that part of Florida is really Alabama, but that's the first time I've heard it referred to as Louisiana.;) Anyway welcome to the original poster. I have an area I have thought about planting Pecan trees. Where did you get your trees from and how much effort does it require to plant and maintain them?

/ New From Florida #9  
Welcome from Maine , and I know all about being new in an area and not knowing many people . It takes time to settle in and it sounds like you have done a great job of it .