new & frustrated

/ new & frustrated #12  
My apologies, thought I had filled in all the blanks on the registration. We live in Jonesboro, AR. Far Northeast corner, up next to the bootheel of MO.

I do have a small tiller that attaches via the 3pt hitch, but didn't really figure that would be much of a help?

Tillers are fairly heavy.. Keep it on when using the FEL, and report back to us what you think. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised

/ new & frustrated
Thanks for all the advice. I believe I will start with attaching the tiller for a rear ballast, and then begin searching the forum for rear weights. Thanks to everyone who contributed!

/ new & frustrated #17  
Wheel weights are pretty expensive, check Anything Attachments, I got a killer deal on mine when they quoted me the wrong price, I brought it to their attention and they said not to worry about it and thy even mounted them.

/ new & frustrated #18  
:welcome:

:tractor: I'm going to move this thread over to the John Deere section.

/ new & frustrated #19  
The owners manual for the loader should spec the amount and type of ballast the loader requires. It may list "either/or" for rear tire/axle ballast or rear 3pt hitch ballast or required a combination of both.

/ new & frustrated #20  
3pt ballast unloads the front axle decreasing the force on it & letting you lift more on a weak axle. Filling the tires increases stability & resists pitching forward, but does nothing for the weaker, more complex & more expensive front axle.

Always put a good ballast on the rear if you lift much with the loader.