New garage floor very slippery need suggestions.

/ New garage floor very slippery need suggestions. #22  
My shed has a polished floor and it gets slick when wet. After many years of not sealing, it is a bit better and I can still squeegee any water off easily. I still like a smooth floor for that reason.

/ New garage floor very slippery need suggestions. #23  
I don't think I've ever seen a garage floor that had a broom textured finish applied to it to prevent slipping, but I wonder if anybody does that?

/ New garage floor very slippery need suggestions. #24  
I don't think I've ever seen a garage floor that had a broom textured finish applied to it to prevent slipping, but I wonder if anybody does that?
You can do this but you don't need to. A broom finish is hard to walk on, difficult to sweep and wears out rollers on tool cabs and rolling chairs. It's also fatiguing to walk on and wears out shoes and boots.

I did a baby-butt smooth finish on mine and put a coat of Sherwin Williams epoxy on it that has anti-slip in it. It works excellent when wet but it is a little slippery with dry snow on it. I've done threads on this so a search would give the Sherwin Williams part numbers, etc. and more pics.

Here's one partial view...

IMG_8332.jpeg

/ New garage floor very slippery need suggestions. #25  
I recently purchased a home with a 3-car garage and the previous owner added an epoxy coating to the floor. The problem is that it is too slippery when it is even slightly wet. I have young children who aren't super confident on their feet yet, and I've even noticed that I need to be super careful walking around. I'd love to know what my options are. Is there any coating that I could add to the garage floor that would help with it being too slippery? Ideally I'd like to not spend thousands of dollars. My previous house had a standard concrete floor which didn't look as nice, but, it certainly wasn't a safety problem. Thanks in advance!
The simplest solutions might be some strategic floor runners until the little ones are more coordinated, or wax it with a tacky wax as noted above by @sixdogs, or both. Longer term, you (or a contractor) could also clean the floor and put down another layer of epoxy, and toss sand (angular, not river sand) on top while wet. I worked for a number of years at a place with a floor like that, very high gloss, but good traction, sometimes almost too good. You don't mention where you are but I do realize that in some locations home buyers prize flat glossy garage floors, so YMMV. I am with you though, I think that slick floors are just a safety hazard.

All the best,

Peter

/ New garage floor very slippery need suggestions.
We’ve decided to use raised rubber mats in the traffic areas.
Much cheaper & easier that a coating. I can remove them to clean & push standing water out.
Thank you all for suggestions.
90cummins over & out👍

👍
Good idea I’ll look into that.
Thanks
90cummins

/ New garage floor very slippery need suggestions. #28  
I etched my old house garage floor then epoxy'd it 25 years ago. not slippery, can still eat off it when cleaned. I should do same in shop where the tractor lives

Need to do something with new 600 foot out side patio, can bust a hip when it rains. Then come up w/a cover.

To many projects, not enough time!

We’ve decided to use raised rubber mats in the traffic areas.
Much cheaper & easier that a coating. I can remove them to clean & push standing water out.
Thank you all for suggestions.
90cummins over & out👍
I used raised rubber mats & added benefit is that they are high enough to keep your shoes dry when floors have standing water. if I slip&fall it won’t be there. Good suggestion thank you👍👍
90cummins

Forgot I thanked you.
Golden years, yea right🙄
90cummins