New Grand L's

/ New Grand L's #11  
Re: New Grand L\'s

Rat, With all respect, I still believe in what I originally stated above. If you want to make displacement a smaller factor in your buying decision, that's your decision. I just know that Kubota compares its tractors to slightly smaller competitors' machines. Example Kubota compares new grande L 3130 to a JD 4210 and a NH TC29. Not fair, price, Hp, displacement or otherwise. Here were my factors that made up my decision once I knew what size I wanted.
1)price
2)product reliability(perceived,time will tell)
3)resale value
4)dealer's attitude
5)dealer's proximity
6)HP,Torque, displacement( I put these together because they are related)
7)remaining specs,weight, tires, turn radius, etc...

No doubt 'Bota makes a fine machine and they beat Deere to the CUT market, on the other hand, deere dominates the big tractor market and they will carve themselves a niche in the smaller stuff. My dealer beat the price of last year's grande L not to mention the new one coming out (with no current rebates). The competition will inevitably get us all better equipment. Believe me, I would have bought the small Grande L (or 30)series with HST but using the factors above, I ended up green. I hope you can respect that. If you go to deere site and compare, JD4310 to L3010, you might think they came off the same assembly line they are so close.
Sincerely,
Kyle

PS. here's the link if anyone wants to look and hats off to Kubota for a much better website. They needed it.

http://www.kubotagrandl30.com/comparison/l3130.html

/ New Grand L's #13  

Great points Kyle. I must admit ignorance with the comparators. I don't really make judgements based on them and when I have looked at them, do it with the understanding that they may not have used the best side by side selections. In the end, its a loose guide as there are so many other factors that tractor shoppers use when deciding on a tractor. The general build may have as much to do with it as anything. My neighbor actually based it on color/price and bought a Deere. He really likes the way the green blends in with his setting. To that I say, fine, he is quite happy with his 790 and in the end, that is surely the most important. I think your list is quite accurate. I tend to look at HP as a way of getting to the basic sizes and then weight to determine if they are in the same rough category. I am one who feels the Kubota and Yanmar engines are both excellent diesels. Thanks for your well written response. Rat...

P.S. I just went to the JD site and like the way it allows the shopper to select among many different makes within one manufactuer. Heck, I'd like to compare a JD 4610 to a Kubota L3130, but they don't let one make that big of a spread. I wanted to get some loader info but was unable to locate it. Do they have it at the JD site?

/ New Grand L's #14  

Regardless of how you compare them, the new L30 series is going to outspec Deere and NH. Lift capacity, creature comforts, quality, and, in my opinion, appearance are all superior on the new Kubota. Coupled with the already superior feather step HST mechanism and the enhanced GST transmission (12 and 24 speed) and Kubota has really outdone themselves. To add icing to the cake, the price has remained almost the same. But maybe I'm a little partial since I worked for the company and now sell them for a living.

/ New Grand L's #15  

Bradyky, its OK and good that you prefer the brand you sell. Thats only natural. Whats amazing is that, with all the brand loyalty amongst tractor owners, that we all get along so well on this site (for the most part). Go to deere site and compare 4310 to current Grande L. I think the deere measures up quite well(even to the new one), I hope the ehydro will be as dependable as Kubota's. If so, I'll be happy. I prefer the twin pedals the deere has, I can rest my foot naturally on my heel like driving a truck. Don't worry though, you'll easily sell the new grande L's due to brand loyalty earned from reliable products.

Rat, I know that the JD brochure has loader specs but I don't know if the web has them.

thanks...Kyle

/ New Grand L's #16  

You can get a lot of the Deere loader specs by a roundabout way on their site.

You go to the configurator and accessorise a tractor. Choose the loader and go to standard features on that loader. Its not as clean as a chart, but like was said earlier, make yer own anyway.

/ New Grand L's #17  

Kyle, I must have the old brochure from JD. It's the one that indicates the 4310 and 4410 as having the same displacement. They haven't any loader specs. Its also the one that came with a free JD cap coupon. JD's marketing is definitely the best around. Rat...

/ New Grand L's #18  

Wow, I didn't get a hat until I bought my tractor. The current brochure they gave me had one or two pages dedicated to loaders, loader specs, and which loaders fit which model tractors. And it didn't have anything in it about a free hat...Oh well, I was very happy with the price. I priced the small grande L at the last minute before I went to sign papers and I saved at least $1200, maybe closer to $1400 on my JD 4310( my 4310 didn't have mid pto). This was done with a "no haggle" price my dealer offered. I told the Kubota man I was going to buy that day, that the JD price was quite lower than his(due to rebates) and he stood firm on his price. That, my friends and fellow tractor persons, is mainly why I'm bleeding green. Oh yea, we just bought a new JD5420 4WD w/power reverser for the stable. Great price on that too ( a wee bit higher)haha. Oh and we got another hat. Just need the weather to cooperate now....
Later folks,
Kyle

/ New Grand L's #19  

I compared the 4310 to the L3010 both with HST. I went Orange and have no regrets. The Kubota was a better deal for the money. I think it was as good or better quality tractor as well.
I have no reason to go the next series Kubota-the changes are not that significant. I’ll bet the price went up.

/ New Grand L's #20  

The original printing of the brochure didn't have the loader or backhoe specs. The later printings have both, as well as the new LX series rotary cutters. They all have typo's and mistakes in the specs...