Loader New Grapple Build! Let me know what you think

/ New Grapple Build! Let me know what you think
I wouldn't worry at all about bushings. My grapple is twelve years old and has no grease-able pins. The jaw pivots on 3/4" bolts. No grease ever. The threads at the contact points are worn off but it appears that the bolts will need replacing in about fifty years.

Regarding hydraulic controls, I'm a fan of just using rear remotes. I have used diverter valves and rear remotes and I prefer the much cheaper and simpler rear remotes.

Good to hear because that is what I did - I built a FEL for an old Simplicity Tractor I had before I got my Mahindra and it worked great but I didn't have enough time with it before I sold it to see how long it would last.
My pins for the clam are 1" diameter rod so I think I'll be good for 50 plus years or so - time will tell.

Good to hear because that is what I did - I built a FEL for an old Simplicity Tractor I had before I got my Mahindra and it worked great but I didn't have enough time with it before I sold it to see how long it would last.
My pins for the clam are 1" diameter rod so I think I'll be good for 50 plus years or so - time will tell.

I am still wanting to add rear remotes - thinking now I should have added them when I bought the tractor but because of my inexperience (first new tractor I have ever owned) and my dealer's lack of questioning my purchase I did even ask about them.
J5 tractor from now on - they are the only dealer I would trust with my tractor now. (I just use every chance I can to put in a good word for those guys, they are an upstanding bunch of guys, at least in Navasota)

/ New Grapple Build! Let me know what you think #73  
I must agree on your J5 comments. I have had nothing but good experiences with them since May of 2010. The new store in Navasota is even closer to me.

/ New Grapple Build! Let me know what you think #74  
It's really looking good!!!!

/ New Grapple Build! Let me know what you think #75  
That's fantastic! Nice fabricating. Hope my crummy cell pics and rambling plumbing description helped.

Pretty soon you'll be doing this!

Clearing deadfall 2 resize.jpg

Clearing deadfall 1 resize.jpg

Stump put up good fight resize.jpg

That's fantastic! Nice fabricating. Hope my crummy cell pics and rambling plumbing description helped.

View attachment 500825

View attachment 500826

View attachment 500827

Snowback,
I have seen these pics on some other posts - your setup is what convinced me I need a grapple!
I really appreciate all the help you gave in this build, with no help from either the owner's or service manuals my only other option was to head back out to Navasota and talk to Chris at J5 Tractors.
You really brought it all together for me.
Thanks again!

View attachment 500825

View attachment 500826

View attachment 500827

Snowback,
Yes, I can't wait to go picking up all these trees I cut down, dragging or picking up with a chain is for the birds!

I have seen these pics on some other posts - your setup is what convinced me I need a grapple!

I really appreciate all the help you gave this morning, Your pictures look good on the computer screen gave me some good ideas for mounting.

With no help from either the owner's or service manuals my only other option was to head back out to Navasota and talk to Chris at J5 Tractors.
You really brought it all together for me.
Thanks again!

Well, Almost done!
Got my grapple dry fit for extra assurance. Now it's off to paint and then patiently ( :( )waiting for hydraulics and 3rd function kit.

IMG_0697.JPGIMG_0700.JPG

Also got my Quick Attach on and my two most used implements set up for it, my box blade and my rotary cutter; I still need to set up my landscape rake, trencher, fertilize spreader and my 55 year old disc.

IMG_0686.JPGIMG_0687.JPG

Don't bother building it'll never work out in the to the better in the end. Titan has a functional 48" grapple for right at a grand and Everything Attachments has wonderful works of art for just a few hundred more.
I've got $122 dollars in it so far.

/ New Grapple Build! Let me know what you think #80  
I've got $122 dollars in it so far.

And, perhaps Titan has changed their manufacturing standards but as I recall they were the company that was using 1/8" wall square tube that failed on several grapples. The Chinese can make good equipment but not if the US purveyor simply wants the cheapest possible product. Another couple of bucks to move up to 1/4" wall tube would have saved them (I think it was Titan but not certain) a lot of grief and established them as a decent quality grapple source.

My apologies to Titan if they were not the company I referenced. I rather doubt the real perp will raise their hand though.