NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS #51  
My tractor came standard with one rear remote with an option for a second one, which I purchased. With top 'n tilt installed and a quick hitch, both cylinders are in use. When it comes time for a grapple, I will have to add a diverter or a true third function valve, no alternative. I think I would want the true third function for front-mounted attachments even if it is more money. If I ever get any rear mounted or towed implement with haydraulic cylinders, I will also need a diverter with connectors for each additional circuit. I'm currently considering getting an adapter made for a hydraulic cylinder to control my rollover box scraper, since reaching the lever would be difficult from the cab especially with the quick hitch.

I cannot imagine a scenario where you would need the tilt function at the same time the grapple is being used. Simple matter of switching quick connects which should take about fifteen seconds to operate the grapple. On my previous tractor I had only one rear remote and switched the BH and grapple in the field if needed. No sweat.

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS #52  
I cannot imagine a scenario where you would need the tilt function at the same time the grapple is being used. Simple matter of switching quick connects which should take about fifteen seconds to operate the grapple. On my previous tractor I had only one rear remote and switched the BH and grapple in the field if needed. No sweat.

No offense meant here,,,, but I use my Grapple bucket with a rear blade for pilling the small stuff. I regularly use my Grapple and my top/tilt function within seconds of each other. Can't imagine getting off the tractor and hooking/unhooking hoses to do that. :)

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS #53  
No offense meant here,,,, but I use my Grapple bucket with a rear blade for pilling the small stuff. I regularly use my Grapple and my top/tilt function within seconds of each other. Can't imagine getting off the tractor and hooking/unhooking hoses to do that. :)

You tilt the rear blade while grappling? I also use my topping lift while grappling to adjust the bush hog but I cannot imagine tilting a rear blade. Are you just using the tilt circuit to adjust the angle of the back blade? Seems that for simply piling brush a single angle could be selected thus freeing up the circuit for grapple use.

I imagine there might well be a need for more than one or two rear remotes but if that is the sole reason for adding $$$ expense for a diverter or third function valve it is something to be thought through carefully at time of tractor purchase. My DK40se came with one remote standard and it cost $350 for the second. If NH dealers (?others) are charging another $600 plus per remote then that clearly should go into the financial comparison.

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS #54  
I also use my 3rd Function to run a snow blade. When I move snow I have a blade on the 3PH and I float the tilit cylinder when I use it to move snow. So I need 2 remotes and a 3rd function. I can see when it would be handy to use a TNT and grapple in some cases.

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS #55  
You tilt the rear blade while grappling? I also use my topping lift while grappling to adjust the bush hog but I cannot imagine tilting a rear blade. Are you just using the tilt circuit to adjust the angle of the back blade? Seems that for simply piling brush a single angle could be selected thus freeing up the circuit for grapple use.

Last week I topped a dozen elm trees around our farm buildings. Using the blade to pile up the small stuff. Used the tilt function dozens of times so to not gouge the sod in off camber situations.

Like you can't see the need for all that, I can't see the need to reach for a rear remote lever to grip with the grapple. Everyone's situations are different.

The money issue is important. That's why I ALWAYS say, BUY ALL YOU CAN AFFORD. We're talking about tractor functions what will be used tens of thousands of times over the life of the tractor or operator. :)