new gun for mig

/ new gun for mig #11  
Yomax, not sure you are qualified to make that statement... Quality or otherwise about our products. I think you just lost a little (if not a lot) of respect with that comment, not only in my eyes, but others here as well. But I am not sure why that came up since this was about torches not other welder companies. For a professional, that wasn't. Profax puts out good quality at a good price and whether it's on our units or other brands, everyone I know who has used them has been more than satisfied, including me (not on Everlast btw).

Victor/Thermal Arc controls/owns TWECO, and as you are a rep for them, seeing a good manufacturer that offers DIFFERENT equivalent brands and models could get under your skin I guess...but why should it threaten you so? Did you look at SA's post with the picture of the Profax beside the TWECO? Profax makes more than TWECO interchangeable products btw...and they do a decent job of it.

Last edited:
   / new gun for mig #13  
There is nothing to lose on this site come on. The OP was looking for a genuine tweco gun..It was intended as a light hearted jab similar to the one you gave me a few weeks ago. Get over it.

/ new gun for mig #14  
What about the tweco spray master guns? I really like the look of them.
Not sure how the pricing compares though....

/ new gun for mig #15  
I just checked the pricing, and I think I will stick to a number 2 tweco..... LOL
Both real pricey, but the number 2 looks a little nicer to use.

/ new gun for mig
I found that this welder had an adaptor on it. When I pulled the adaptor off I discovered that it was a tweco lak-1. When I looked up that # at tweco I found that it fit a #4 tweco pin. The #4 tweco pin is used on lincoln welders and the welding store had them in stock. I went with a benard gun. When I bought the gun there was a man from a welding shop that used the benard guns everyday. When I bought the gun I ordered 10 extra tips (I had used a lot of tips as the gun I had was failing) the man said that I would never use that many tips. Boy I hope so. Thanks for all the help. big dan

/ new gun for mig #17  
Bernard is a very good gun. ITW owns Bernard and the larger Miller wire feeders come standard with Bernard guns. The 1/4 turn tips were the industry standard for years but if you want you can convert to center fire tips that are held on with threaded nozzles.

/ new gun for mig
The gun that I got has the center fire tips in it. big dan

/ new gun for mig #19  
That's a very good gun.:thumbsup: You shouldn't have any problems with it.