New guy - BX23 <10 hours

/ New guy - BX23 <10 hours #1  

MrBigNose

Tractor
Kubota BX23
I got myself a BX23. Same story as all the other new posters. Read a lot of information here as a lurker. Convinced the wife we need one of these to get all her projects done. I’m now in the process of relaying out the yard to accommodate the tractor. Pruning over hanging branches to clear the ROPS. Moved the compost pile so I could drive straight into it with the FEL. Had to rehang one of the gates so it could be used to get the tractor from one section of the yard to the other. Still have to add an extension on to the barn to park it.

Picture attached. Although it may look like every other BX23, this one is in my yard.

And as I say that, when we went to the dealer to order it they had 6 of them to choose from. The sales guy asked which one do I want. I looked at him rather questioningly. Aren’t they all the same when they’re still at the dealership?

Attachments

• 651359-tractor2.jpg
    651359-tractor2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 457
   / New guy - BX23 <10 hours #2  
Nope, Sorry. It doesn't look like the rest of the bx23's on this board. It's too clean! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Congrats on the new machine. You will get alot of use out of it. Did you get other goodies in the purchase? Mower, boxblade and such. Tell me you got a hat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Happy tractoring. And make sure you come in looking real tired!!

/ New guy - BX23 <10 hours
Just got the tractor, FEL, and BH. Still using the lawn tractor for mowing. My neighbor has just about every other attachment. He's always telling me I can borrow anything I want. That's actually one of the reasons I went with the BX23. He doesn't have the backhoe. I told him he can use mine any time he wants.

I did get the 50 hr service included ... sort of. They will come out to do the service. All of the fluids and filters and such are included. The "service call" fee is not included. They said they try to come out to multiple people in one area and divide the service call fee among the number of people that they are going to see.

My salesman was the same person who did the delivery. He likes to come out and give first time guidance and explain all the features and controls. He did keep me from doing a little inadvertent "pruning" of some over hanging branches with the ROPS. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hats. He brought two. One for me and one for the wife. (good thinking on his part.) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New guy - BX23 <10 hours #4  
Congratulations on the new BX23. Got mine back in March. The projects never end. I got the mower but haven't tried mowing with it yet. Like you, I still have to go around the yard and trim some branches so the ROP will fit. Also planning to add a "workshop" to store it in. For now, my truck is parking outside. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Post some pics of your projects. We love to see a BX23 at work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Allen

/ New guy - BX23 <10 hours #5  
My dealer also had a couple of BX23s on the lot. Gave me my choice, said that one. Went to look at it and it had a scratch on it about 1 1/2 inches long so he said why don't you take the one next to it, it has no scratches. I said OK but I want a KUBOTA clock to go with it. He said OK. My little dealer story.
Good Luck with your new orange machine it's lots of fun 'er I mean work.

Eric P.

You should see the scratches in it now!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif