New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra?

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #81  
I grabbed the opportunity and completed reading all of the posts. I admit openly and without shame that I do have an axe to grind with Mahindra. however, there is not an individual on here, unless it is someone heavily on trycyclic antidepressants, that would feel otherwise about Mahindra after being through what I have experienced. So, if anyone cannot tolerate the truth here, I will use the Mahindra attitude: Oh Well.
Mahindra is an enormous company. The initial reason I purchased the tractor is because I have been to India and was somewhat familiar with the company. I have come to learn that they accomplish their field trials by selling the tractor then correcting the problems as the problems present themselves. I can truly appreciate wht it feels like to be used as a test subject. Unfortunately, after talking with several people in the company's tractor division, I am left with the impression that Mahindra jutifies their tactics to themselves so if I do not like it, oh well.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #82  
CaptD,
Your remarks are not only completely false, but probably border on slander. You are a new member with every post bashing your Mahindra. This all seems a little odd. Can you please substantiate this claim? I have come to learn that they accomplish their field trials by selling the tractor then correcting the problems as the problems present themselves.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #83  
CaptD,
Your remarks are not only completely false, but probably border on slander. You are a new member with every post bashing your Mahindra. This all seems a little odd. Can you please substantiate this claim? I have come to learn that they accomplish their field trials by selling the tractor then correcting the problems as the problems present themselves.
Im not sure why you would say his remarks are completely false. To a certain extent many if not all manufacturers do this. Its the justified and necessary last step in getting a good launch of a product line that suits the market need. It requires a very responsive Customer Service set up to go off without causing real problems. The uncertainty of proper CS is the major risk of buying a new model.

I dont see in your data that you own a Mahindra, but as an owner who has used one for 500hrs and dealt with the company a lot I can understand where these guys are coming from. Most of the complaints stem from a lack of prompt, appropriate customer service. Some get it - many dont. Ive seen it both ways in my own case. Quality of dealers and tech reps vary wildly. If both are good youre in great shape. At minimum you have to keep at them until you find one of the two. Its a lot of effort and time for a busy tractor user. I can easily imagine frustration and anger at constantly having to "run herd" on your case lest it be dropped off the radar.
larry

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #84  
Imagine yourself in an old country store, the kind with creaky wooden floors, helpful, friendly staff and customers. There's an old pot belly stove where 'the regulars' always gather over coffee to discuss their latest project. Even though they are 'the regulars', newcomers are always welcomed. Advice is freely given and politely accepted. From the owner, to the customers to the suppliers, everyone sits down to chat and help. Now imagine a new person charges in the front door and begins complaining. No introduction, no offer to assist others or offer to help, just complaining.

TBN is the country store.

The problem with dealer or manufacturing bashing on any discussion forum, including TBN, is you are only hearing one side of the story. This by no means implies someone isn't telling the truth, from their perspective. It is a simple statement of fact, there's always the other side of the story. It's also a simple statement of fact, that a lot more people will complain on a discussion forum than offer praise about a dealer or manufacturer. However, people who only join TBN to complain, should review the Terms Of Service. Specifically, the sixth point under Acceptable User Policy.

You may not post on any section, or send to any other forum user or our employee, any material that:

• is libelous, defamatory or invades any privacy or publicity rights of any third party;

Persistent complaining tends to result in piling on as well as equally passionate responses from people who are happy with their purchases. More often than not, such threads end up being closed by the moderators.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #85  
Imagine yourself in an old country store, the kind with creaky wooden floors, helpful, friendly staff and customers. There's an old pot belly stove where 'the regulars' always gather over coffee to discuss their latest project. Even though they are 'the regulars', newcomers are always welcomed. Advice is freely given and politely accepted. From the owner, to the customers to the suppliers, everyone sits down to chat and help. Now imagine a new person charges in the front door and begins complaining. No introduction, no offer to assist others or offer to help, just complaining.

TBN is the country store.

The problem with dealer or manufacturing bashing on any discussion forum, including TBN, is you are only hearing one side of the story. This by no means implies someone isn't telling the truth, from their perspective. It is a simple statement of fact, there's always the other side of the story. It's also a simple statement of fact, that a lot more people will complain on a discussion forum than offer praise about a dealer or manufacturer. However, people who only join TBN to complain, should review the Terms Of Service. Specifically, the sixth point under Acceptable User Policy.

You may not post on any section, or send to any other forum user or our employee, any material that:

• is libelous, defamatory or invades any privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
Persistent complaining tends to result in piling on as well as equally passionate responses from people who are happy with their purchases. More often than not, such threads end up being closed by the moderators.

Well said! I really appreciate the vast knowledge bank provided on TBN, and the friendly way most people contribute, regardless of brand. Let's keep it that way.