New guy here... really need help choosing one of these tractors (or other suggestions

/ New guy here... really need help choosing one of these tractors (or other suggestions
Ok... I'm going to grab the 3940!

/ New guy here... really need help choosing one of these tractors (or other suggestions #93  
Hey guys... so there have been a couple of hold-ups on this purchase.

1. The backhoe is a BH90... not a BH95 (for 3k). That's not a huge deal to me, but the guy doesn't know if the tractor that he's pulling it off of has the appropriate subframe to fit the 3940. I might have to buy a new subframe to get it on there. Somewhat annoying, but not a deal breaker.

2. The guy was going to put the backhoe on there for me... now he's not, but he's agreed to deliver it, which saves me 6 hours and the cost of a truck rental instead.

3. At the end of the day, I'm going to end up getting the Grand L3940 with 237 hours on it, with a backhoe and a subframe mount on a pallet for $26,500... dropped off at my door. I will NOT be able to have a diesel mechanic look at the item before it's dropped off, but the guy is willing to give me an 'out' if there is something wrong with the machine. He'll accept a return if I drop it back off for 100% of the money.

I could also have the guy bring the stuff to the Kubota dealership with him to throw it all together, but he's letting on that such work will add several weeks to the purchase... especially if the subframe mount is not the right one.

I don't know what is involved with installing a subframe mount, or a backhoe... and I don't know the likelihood of anything being wrong with a 3940 with 237 hours. I figured it would be best to write this update and see what you guys think. I'm going to check the thing out in person on Sunday.

Al

Thank you guys as always for taking the time to help me... and everyone else.

Personally I would wait the few weeks and have him take it to the Kubota dealer and have the BH installed, and also either install a mechanical or hydraulic thumb if it doesn't have one.

Put everything in writing that you want/expect to be included in the purchase contract - like the Kubota BH90, Thumb, Subframe, all installed and verified with pictures prior to delivery.

Taking the time now and getting it installed properly with all the valves will pay dividends in the long term and with a Kubota dealer install this would give me assurance it was done right.

Since you have a contract with this fellow now I suspect he is trying to accommodate your requests, but may be getting impatient.

Good luck,

/ New guy here... really need help choosing one of these tractors (or other suggestions
Carl, that is great advice... I am dropping off a check with him for 22,500 tomorrow for the base price of the tractor, and I'm absolutely going to try to have everything else done at the dealer. I'll have better idea of what it will cost when I actually know if we have the correct subframe mount... right now the BH90 is coming off of another machine, and it's unlikely that they will match.

At the point it's at the dealership, I'll at least be able to get a better idea of what everything else will entail!

/ New guy here... really need help choosing one of these tractors (or other suggestions #95  
Carl, that is great advice... I am dropping off a check with him for 22,500 tomorrow for the base price of the tractor, and I'm absolutely going to try to have everything else done at the dealer. I'll have better idea of what it will cost when I actually know if we have the correct subframe mount... right now the BH90 is coming off of another machine, and it's unlikely that they will match.

At the point it's at the dealership, I'll at least be able to get a better idea of what everything else will entail!

First tractor and now with a backhoe to boot! Better stop by Walmart for some Depends before you climb on that thing! :D

/ New guy here... really need help choosing one of these tractors (or other suggestions #96  

Just write up the contract for all the parts - and specify the Kubota BH90 BH, and subframe as the dealer should be able to re-use the subframe on another unit if it doesn't exactly fit your tractor.

Also the timing for all of this to come together - the seller needs to remove the BH and subframe, then deliver all this to the Kubota dealer then in turn deliver this to you - so set some expectations on time e.g. 2 weeks delivery etc. Or will he deliver the tractor and BH to a dealer near you?

Who is responsible for the cost of the installation? It sounds like you are, but just make it clear in the contract what each party is signed up to provide, installation, delivery, bucket hooks, thumb, and so on to prevent any misunderstanding before you lay out the $22K tomorrow. After that point you will be "invested" and the seller may not be as flexible, so get all the points clear within your purchase and sale contract.

Congratulations on the purchase of an awesome machine!

Carl

So I bought/drove the tractor yesterday...

Wow.

First, let me say that HST is awesome. AWESOME. Why would anyone get any other kind of tractor?! (Power of course... but cmon).

Auto-throttle: more awesomeness. Unbelievably awesome.

SSQR: You guessed it... fackin' awesome. I just want to drive this thing around my property like an idiot... except I don't have it yet... because he's hooking up the backhoe.

Awesome.

Thank you guys for the help... I would have ended up with a gear Kioti without the power to move the rocks that I want.

BTW 2ndHalf, I checked out that grapple... that is very cool. Do I need to run new Hydraulic lines to get that set up?

Sidenote: That was an amusing thread... 'Is that a prison yard?' Heh.

/ New guy here... really need help choosing one of these tractors (or other suggestions #98  
I knew you would like it!

/ New guy here... really need help choosing one of these tractors (or other suggestions #99  
Cograts on your new toy... Ahem, I mean tool!
I literally dreamed about my latest tractor when I got it.

/ New guy here... really need help choosing one of these tractors (or other suggestions #100  
For the grapple: go to the tread "re: grappling fun, a picture thread" or something close to that. Somewhere in the last 15 posts is a good description of the hydraulic options. The grand may already have accessory hydraulics to the loader.