New guy-New tractor

/ New guy-New tractor #11  
Steve,

The ipto is easy, the long handle is just a clutch, pull it foward and lock it in position ( like holding down clutch pedal) now reach back to the shift handle located just behind the ipto handle and put it in gear. Now move the ipto handle back and the pto will be running. To stop the pto, clutch it with the ipto handle. Turn it on and off while you are using your pto powered implement and when you are not using it shift it out of a gear and put the ipto handle back so you are not holding the throw out bearing against the clutch. Really a more realiable system than the larger 30 series that have gone to the one lever system if operated correctly.

Dave

/ New guy-New tractor
Dave:
Many thanks, simple concept and you explained it very well.
I guess you can expect some confusion when the guy writing the manual for the US doesn't speak english as his/her primary language.
Best,
Steve

/ New guy-New tractor #13  
I'd love to have one of the rollover box blades, anything else is a wast of $$$ when it comes to a rollover.
2nd on the list is a land plane. I agree with mtveiwranch.
david

/ New guy-New tractor
The dealer dropped off the 4530 and picked up my 2615. Temp guage does not work on the 4530 and the steering seems pretty loose. Hopefully, the dealer will take care of these issues. Other than these two things, the tractor seems OK. Hopefully, these are the only problems I will encounter.
Anyone else have these types of problems or others at delivery?

/ New guy-New tractor
What makes you think the steering is loose?
With the steering wheel centered, the tractor will not track exactly straight. Sometimes it tracks slightly to the left and sometimes slightly right.

/ New guy-New tractor #17  
That is the nature of the beast, being it is 100% hydraulic steering. Don't pay attention to your steering wheel position, just drive it straight.

/ New guy-New tractor #18  
I have a 5530 and can tell you the steering is fine, as Galen pointed out it is a different system then in a car. As far as the temp gauge goes, it does take a bit before it moves. I would have to say these 30 series are built with a good cooling system. They are able to do hard work in high heat because of this, as an ag utility tractor should. You have stepped into a much heavier class of machine. They are meant to work all day without hesitation.

I hope this helps and enjoy your new beast of a tractor. You will be amazed at the amount of work it will do and still ask for more!

/ New guy-New tractor
Thanks for the reassurance concerning the steering.
I drove the tractor about a mile from where I unloaded it, to the barn. Outside temp was 100. The temp gauge never moved.
I did find that I can't whip the 4530 around like I did the 2615.
I think I'm going to like this machine, just a bit of a learning curve with the move to a much heavier tractor.
Best
Steve

/ New guy-New tractor
I finally had a chance to put the 4530 to work today. I hooked up my 7' grader blade and went to work on my road. Was working on a rather rough section of the road when I felt a little jolt and heard a pop. Looked behind me and my blade had been folded back on one side. I caught the top of a large rock with the end of the blade. The tractor didn't seem to notice that it was hooked on a rock the size of a small car, it just kept on going. The blade was a brand new king kutter I had bought last winter to use clearing snow with my 2615. Since the winter was so mild, I never needed to use it.
I guess it's time to consider heavier implements.
On a different note, I did notice that the bucket angle would drop and I had to occasionally rotate it back up. I did the same thing with my 2615 but didn't need to adjust the angle nearly as often.
So far, I'm pretty impressed with the 4530.
Best,
Steve