New Hay Rake Dollys for Most Side Delivery Rakes

/ New Hay Rake Dollys for Most Side Delivery Rakes #11  
Robert, The 15 ft 1 inch Phoenix is the largest I have access to. Price is $6000 + shipping. Ken Sweet

Do you have a link to that rake? Is it a single rotor like I am thinking it is? I won't dismiss it if it is but would like to read up on it a bit more. I am actually looking for a rake like the Kuhn 6002 or Krone Swadro 710/26 T
sw_710_010.jpg

sw_710_008.jpg

I love to have the ability to rake two 11' swaths in heavy first cutting or one 20' swath in 2nd cutting or if its real light I can easily make a 40' swath by doubling up the windrow like any side delivery rake.

I rake anywhere from 70-100 acres a year with a 256 so as you can imagine the slowest part of my operation is raking. I want to be able to rake faster and better and I have reached my limits with a traditionaly side delivery rake short of spending a lot of money and buying another rake and double hitch setup which I don't think would work too well on my fields.

The only down side to the rakes I am looking at is the prices I have seen have been starting at $16k for a new unit and the used units I have seen have been used hard and the frame has a lot of wear and repairs.

/ New Hay Rake Dollys for Most Side Delivery Rakes #12  
On the pro side, Dollys allow for tighter ends on the windrows, Keeps the rake away from the rear tractor tire on tight turns, easy to park by hand when storing inside. The biggest Pro is allowing farmers with disabilities to continue raking hay because of the easy hookup. One of the best things about the dolly rakes is you can pull them with anything, I even seen them pulled with a quad. They are better on uneven ground. In the long run a dolly rake is a must when you are doing most of the work by yourself. Con side is that they cost $375. As a side note: Never rake legume hay with any rake when it is dry. You will knock off leaves. Ken Sweet

Hey Hey - back to the little guys:p

I had to check since Ken was the 2nd person I heard say you can pull a caddy equiped side del rake with a quad.

Asked my neighbor who runs a hay operation about that when I saw a side del with caddy (think it was a IH) at his place today.

He said when he first started haying he pulled it for several years with his 300 Honda and it messed up his back rack.
Rob, I asked, did'nt ya beef up that factory rack?
Heck no I just backed up an dropped a pin through the bars and raked like the wind:laughing:

wow I'm just learning and SWMBO won't let me try to hay .... this year

Thanks Ken:thumbsup:

/ New Hay Rake Dollys for Most Side Delivery Rakes
Do you have a link to that rake? Is it a single rotor like I am thinking it is? I won't dismiss it if it is but would like to read up on it a bit more. I am actually looking for a rake like the Kuhn 6002 or Krone Swadro 710/26 T
sw_710_010.jpg

sw_710_008.jpg

I love to have the ability to rake two 11' swaths in heavy first cutting or one 20' swath in 2nd cutting or if its real light I can easily make a 40' swath by doubling up the windrow like any side delivery rake.

I rake anywhere from 70-100 acres a year with a 256 so as you can imagine the slowest part of my operation is raking. I want to be able to rake faster and better and I have reached my limits with a traditionaly side delivery rake short of spending a lot of money and buying another rake and double hitch setup which I don't think would work too well on my fields.

The only down side to the rakes I am looking at is the prices I have seen have been starting at $16k for a new unit and the used units I have seen have been used hard and the frame has a lot of wear and repairs.

Robert, Here is a spec sheet on the Farm-maxx/Phoenix Rotary Rakes. The 15 ft 1 inch is $6000 + shipping. Ken Sweet

Attachments

• phoenixfarmmaxRotaryRakes.jpg
    phoenixfarmmaxRotaryRakes.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 164
   / New Hay Rake Dollys for Most Side Delivery Rakes
We have got the Rake Dollys back in stock for the 56-256 and 258 New Holland hay rakes. Ken Sweet