New Here: Recall?

/ New Here: Recall? #1  

Zac H

Tractor
Mahindra 2525
I am new to the website and I wanted to introduce myself and ask a question. I have a Mahindra 2525 and my wife just told me that we had a registered letter at the post office from Mahindra. I called the local dealer and the service manager told me that Mahindra wanted to replace the dash and clutch and brake pedal but he didn't know why they already sent the letter and why they sent it certified. He says they don't even have the parts for the recall yet. Does anyone know the specifics of this? What is the problem with these parts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Zac

/ New Here: Recall?
Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

/ New Here: Recall? #6  
Just guessing, but if Mahindra became aware of a safety issue and they failed to make timely notice to those concerned, they may be liable if an injury was incurred as a result of the malfunction. And even if they dont have the immediate fix and the warning was issued, the equipment owner may be responsible for damage/injury as he/she chose to use the equipment inspite of the warning.By signing for the letter, they will have proof that you received the warning.

Then again, if you do not respond to the letter in a specified window for the repair, you may be on your own.

Like it was suggested, go get the letter and see.

As I indicated, just guessing.

By signing for the letter, they will have proof that you received the warning.

That's what I was thinking. ;)
Appreciate everyone's responses

/ New Here: Recall? #8  
I am new to the website and I wanted to introduce myself and ask a question. I have a Mahindra 2525 and my wife just told me that we had a registered letter at the post office from Mahindra. I called the local dealer and the service manager told me that Mahindra wanted to replace the dash and clutch and brake pedal but he didn't know why they already sent the letter and why they sent it certified. He says they don't even have the parts for the recall yet. Does anyone know the specifics of this? What is the problem with these parts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Zac

It is more of a retrofit upgrade. Depending on the serial number, the earliest numbers having the most needs, there are retro kits that the dealer will install to improve the tractor. Our Mahindra service rep was here today and yesterday and walked us through a couple of them. Basically it makes the clutch pedal feel better, better brakes on the earlier models, smoother shuttle shifter feel, a better gauge cluster, etc. It takes a few hours and costs the customer nothing for the parts/labor. The thing that is annoying is that the letter went out to the customers before the explanations went out to most dealers. It makes the dealers look bad, but it was more of a communication error on Mahindra's part.

Get it done, you will like it. And good for Mahindra for stepping up and improving this new model.

It is more of a retrofit upgrade. Depending on the serial number, the earliest numbers having the most needs, there are retro kits that the dealer will install to improve the tractor. Our Mahindra service rep was here today and yesterday and walked us through a couple of them. Basically it makes the clutch pedal feel better, better brakes on the earlier models, smoother shuttle shifter feel, a better gauge cluster, etc. It takes a few hours and costs the customer nothing for the parts/labor. The thing that is annoying is that the letter went out to the customers before the explanations went out to most dealers. It makes the dealers look bad, but it was more of a communication error on Mahindra's part.

Get it done, you will like it. And good for Mahindra for stepping up and improving this new model.

Thanks alot Mr. Dave. This is similar to the information I got from my local dealer but your explanation is much more detailed. I haven't noticed any issues with clutch pedal or brake pedal but have noticed probs with shuttle shifter. Just thought I would have to live with this. This is the first tractor that I have owned so did not have problem with gauge cluster but will let them replace if that is what they want to do. My service manager did mention that he thought it was silly to send these letters out before he had the parts to fix the problem. This is the reason that I have not and will not go sign for the registered letter. I have to continue to use my tractor until the upgrades come in.
Thanks again.
Zac

Last edited:
Oh ya, forgot to ask. Will the dealer come pick up my tractor or will I have to bring it to them?