New here, specs on 240D?

/ New here, specs on 240D? #1  

pulser

Saw an add for a YM240D and have no info other than it is a 1999 and is green. Where can I research the specifications for the various YM240 models?
Thank you in advance, look forward to being a Yanmar thread regular.

/ New here, specs on 240D? #3  
I assure you it is NOT a 1999. Not close. Have to wonder what else is not true. Check serial number on left of tranny to confirm model number. Do you have a link to the ad?

/ New here, specs on 240D? #4  
Pulser

I had a look on the owners club and could not find your exact model but similar models seemed to be from the eighties. Do you have the add for it?

BTW, Welcome to TBN

/ New here, specs on 240D?
A fellow at Yanmar Tractor Parts, Sales, Service, and Delivery. told me that for the three digit American Yanmars, the first two digits are the Hp and the D is for 4WD, so the 240D is 25 Hp and 4WD. He said no way it was a 1999, since they only went from about 1975 to 1985?

/ New here, specs on 240D?
LMTC said:
I assure you it is NOT a 1999. Not close. Have to wonder what else is not true. Check serial number on left of tranny to confirm model number. Do you have a link to the ad?

Everybody, thanks for all the replies.
LMTC, if I can get the SN, where do I find out what year it is?

/ New here, specs on 240D? #8  
The serial number will only tell you the model number and how many 240s (assuming it is a 240) were produced before yours. It will look like "240D 12345". I believe they started at ser# 00001 or 00100 or something. The closer to 0 your model is the older it is. The closer to 50000 it is the newer it is. There is no way to know the exact year.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)592-0181

/ New here, specs on 240D? #9  
pulser said:
... if I can get the SN, where do I find out what year it is?
If the seller claimed 1999 he is scamming you.

See the original 1979 sales brochure in my sig files. (Click at the bottom of this post). Mine is Revision level 3 about 1980 and there was then a Revision level 4 that had the air cleaner vertical outside the left side of the hood. All of them were green. Revision levels 3 and 4 had engine model ending with A-X, then some digits. (look by the starter).

Everything I've read says YM240 was last sold new in 1981. (plus maybe a few sat on dealer's lots for a while). I once saw a post saying Serial 10,965 (approximately) was bought new June 1981 but I don't know if the D models (4wd) followed that same number series.

If that thing has headlights alongside the grill then it's prior to about 1977.

I would like to see a link, or info, showing this tractor. How much are they asking for it, and how is the condition?

Added: I just looked at the Tractorhouse "1989 YANMAR YM240D" that Grrrr referenced. That one is early series, maybe mid 70's?? but color is wrong, the headlights are missing, the muffler isn't original (no big problem) and the dashboard (third photo) is off some other unrelated tractor.

And it simply isn't a Yanmar YM240D. It is 2 wheel drive!

Last edited:
   / New here, specs on 240D? #10  
That link on tractorhouse appears to be an early (green) YM2000. Front axle is certainly not a drive axle. I have always said tractorhouse has more bogus and lying ads in it than any other source I have ever seen in one place.