New Highway Patrol motorcycles

/ New Highway Patrol motorcycles #11  
Was that Exeter? Everybody got laughs about those Checkers!

/ New Highway Patrol motorcycles #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Was that Exeter? Everybody got laughs about those Checkers! )</font>

Nope, these were in Saugus MA. I seem to recall a few other Towns that tried them as well. I will have to say they were pretty roomy inside!

/ New Highway Patrol motorcycles #13  
Bob, in the early '60s I was a clerk in the Post Office for a full time job, and moonlighted as a taxi driver in Dallas for the Yellow Cab Company. We had two kinds of cars; Ford sedans and Checkers. Of course neither had air-conditioners, power brakes, power steering, or automatic transmissions. Now I don't think the Checker (Continental 6-cylinder engine) would be a very good police cruiser, but they were definitely the best taxi cab. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ New Highway Patrol motorcycles #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sharp looking ride, but looks uncomfortable. Ma. State Police just put a Corvette into service. I was at Webster Lake boat ramp when they were doing a photo shoot with the Vette. I wish I had my camera with me. The Vette was painted to match the standard state police cars. The car came from a drug bust. )</font>

They have alot more then that too.