Box Scraper New Hobby Farm Owner - Need advice on boxblade/scraper

/ New Hobby Farm Owner - Need advice on boxblade/scraper #11  
I'd thought about that but I think they're forged; just wonder if flat would have the needed strength?

Lew

/ New Hobby Farm Owner - Need advice on boxblade/scraper #12  
Any thoughts on United brand?

There is a dealer in my area who carries some United brand equipment, including the box blades. They seem to be made well, not the heaviest duty, but not junk by any means. The cost is a good deal less than the "big" brands, but depending on use might be just right for you. If maintaining a driveway is your main use, I'd say it would be just fine.

/ New Hobby Farm Owner - Need advice on boxblade/scraper
The drive is actually crushed stone, thanks for prompting the correct term. Again, I'm new to this. :) Our original place had an old drive and I was told I needed a few yards of Grade 8 to fill it in... so I ordered 10 yards and spread it with the back blade. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Grade 8 and 21AA so I don't really know what the material on the current driveway is. I do know that that previous owners let the whole place go to heck for the last 30 years so I'm counting on it needing work. The place has horrible drainage. We have an outbuilding or two with foundations set below grade which makes for a disaster with the spring thaw. The driveway and turnaround area is also lower than the grass around it so instead of shedding off the drive, the water collects there. I haven't shot a line to tell how much lower it is but I'm guessing quite a bit. And building it up so it sheds north onto the grass would only cause more water to head towards the outbuildings to the south. I honestly don't know how to or whether it can truly be fixed.

/ New Hobby Farm Owner - Need advice on boxblade/scraper #14  
I was told I needed a few yards of Grade 8 to fill it in... ... I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Grade 8 and 21AA

Stone designations are very local. I live in Ohio next to the Kentucky border. Absolutely no commonality of designations between the two. I might as well be talking Greek when I cross the river. In fact, Greek might be more useful:confused2:

Not only are the designations different, but I can't even get the same types from one state to the next!

Ken