New hole in my workbench.

/ New hole in my workbench. #11  
An oil filter isn't considered tight until you've rippped the canister off the base and used a BFH on a punch in the oil passage holes to get it off. :D

/ New hole in my workbench. #12  
I I've learned after the first couple, that they hire ex football players to put on oil filters at the engine plant. You know the kind, 350 lbs and can bench press 400 lbs or more. The Challenger was no different.

This guy must be the same service tech who used to work for a generator company that serviced our diesel powered building fire pump at work a few years ago. He had tightened the filters so much that he warped the gaskets which promptly spewed out all the oil at the next scheduled run of the pump. It cost his company a pretty good buck to have the Cummins engine rebuilt.

/ New hole in my workbench. #13  
I threw a chainsaw accross the drive once and stuck it chain first through the wall of my shop.

/ New hole in my workbench. #14  
An oil filter isn't considered tight until you've rippped the canister off the base and used a BFH on a punch in the oil passage holes to get it off. :D

Or a cold chisel and a hammer. My uncle once had to weld a pipe to a base plate to get one off when the canister came free. I hope I never have to go that route.

Chris

/ New hole in my workbench. #15  
I threw a chainsaw accross the drive once and stuck it chain first through the wall of my shop.

And our wives and girlfriends wonder why we drink and cuss. I had mine change out all the faucets in our kitchen and 3 bath rooms. She had a cut on her forehead, bloody knuckles, and a sore back. All she could say is I need a drink.

Chris

/ New hole in my workbench. #16  
Same story on my F150. I have never seen an oil filter so tight. I nearly crushed the filter with large channel locks trying to break it loose.

/ New hole in my workbench.
Yeah I did the big screwdriver through the filter once. I barely got it loose because it started to shred.

/ New hole in my workbench. #18  
Actually, I am known to be...uh...lets say...heavy handed...;)

/ New hole in my workbench. #19  
Also, when I ever tighten a gas cap, I'm the only one who can get it off again...:laughing:

/ New hole in my workbench. #20  
Mini-boss asked what the knuckle shaped dent was in the wall near the light switch in the living room, I said "a bad day at work".

Nothing worse than trashing your own stuff though.

Joel