New Holland 273 Hayliner

/ New Holland 273 Hayliner #1  

peteinohio

Tractor
Kubota
Bought a New Holland 273 Hayliner as part of a multi piece equipment buy. The carrier bearing was shot, one of the yokes was bad and the overrunning clutch had one pin stuck. With the PTO shaft off I still cannot make the machine cycle, so there must be something else jammed. I’m sure the knives need to be sharpened or replaced and a few of the smaller bearings no doubt are dry. Also, the previous owner left half a bale in the chute so there’s rotted sheet metal. Should I scrap for parts or try to fix this?

/ New Holland 273 Hayliner #2  
Bought a New Holland 273 Hayliner as part of a multi piece equipment buy. The carrier bearing was shot, one of the yokes was bad and the overrunning clutch had one pin stuck. With the PTO shaft off I still cannot make the machine cycle, so there must be something else jammed. I’m sure the knives need to be sharpened or replaced and a few of the smaller bearings no doubt are dry. Also, the previous owner left half a bale in the chute so there’s rotted sheet metal. Should I scrap for parts or try to fix this?
I’d have to see pictures of the overall condition, but if it’s rough, I’d try to get $500-$1,000 for it on CL or FB

/ New Holland 273 Hayliner #3  
it shouldn't take much to get the baler moving. Could be the gear box is out of oil or something little. you just have to try and follow from the driveline back and go from there.

If you can get it moving then you can make a honest determination if it is worth saving. Rotted out bale chamber isn't too big of an issue as long as there's enough metal left to install an aftermarket plastic liner.

The 273 is a extremely popular baler so getting used parts is not bad.