New Holland 450 Rollbelt Problems

/ New Holland 450 Rollbelt Problems #11  
When it's time to bale hay, the one thing I don't want is a breakdown. I want my equipment to run without issue. After all, the window to bale can be short, depending on the whims of Mother Nature.

I'm glad the NH went down the road, I certainly don't miss it but interestingly, for the most part, New Holland produces good, reliable hay tools. Just 'missed the boat on the Roll Belt. I will say the Kubota (Kneverland) bailer's electronics are light years ahead of New Holland's as well. My BV even tells me how much net is left on the net roll via the readout and I can vary the density of a bale on the fly as well. I like to start my bales with a soft center for ease of spearing and as the bale grows in size, the tension increases as well and it's all user controlled in the cab. The other thing is I got mine with centralized greasing as well the the drive chains also have metered lubrication but the favorite thing I really like is the superimposed steering wheel on the display screen that constantly tells you how the chamber is filling. I rarely, if ever have barrel shaped or lopsided bales now. Nice and square which makes handling much easier. That and the super wide standard pickup. Nice bailer and as usual, I got zero percent financing and quarterly payments. I've owned it for 2 seasons now and have had no issues at all. For me, the nicest feature is the ease of loading net, unlike the NH which was always a PITA. I'm about to trade in my NH disc machine on a Kubota center pivot disc machine with rubber crimp rolls. Not that the NH disc machine hasn't been a good runner because it has. Just time to upgrade.

/ New Holland 450 Rollbelt Problems
You're probably right. I have a 648 that broke down and is at the shop. I may just take that back and forget a new baler. What a fantasy, buy new and not have problems. Yeah, right, not with that 450

/ New Holland 450 Rollbelt Problems #13  
You're probably right. I have a 648 that broke down and is at the shop. I may just take that back and forget a new baler. What a fantasy, buy new and not have problems. Yeah, right, not with that 450
You may do fine with a newer RB450. Mine was built during the Covid layoffs. I think they were pretty much getting pitchforked together by management and whoever else they could grab by the collar in ‘20-‘21 with all the layoffs here in New Holland, PA.

I bet they’re better now.

/ New Holland 450 Rollbelt Problems #14  
Best NH round bailer I ever owned was a 458 in just twine and I wish I still had it actually. Very simple unit and all manual and no pesky electronics to break at bad times. Even that one had belt tracking issues right up to the time I sold it. My issue is, my customer wants everything rolled in over the edge net, no exceptions and of course I charge him accordingly.

I will say the new Kubota BV round bailer I have, the infeed discs come standard, not like the NH where they are an option. Nice, very turn key bailer and it wasn't all that expensive 2 years ago either. With me trading in the 450, it cost me about 10 grand all in and well worth it.

It's difficult to trust them after they sold me a discontinued unit without advising me of that. Had I known the 450 I purchased had been discontinued 6 months earlier I probably would not have signed off.

Best NH round bailer I ever owned was a 458 in just twine and I wish I still had it actually. Very simple unit and all manual and no pesky electronics to break at bad times. Even that one had belt tracking issues right up to the time I sold it. My issue is, my customer wants everything rolled in over the edge net, no exceptions and of course I charge him accordingly.

I will say the new Kubota BV round bailer I have, the infeed discs come standard, not like the NH where they are an option. Nice, very turn key bailer and it wasn't all that expensive 2 years ago either. With me trading in the 450, it cost me about 10 grand all in and well worth it.

Kubota and JD are on my short list of balers to consider provided I let NH just take the 450 they sold me away.

/ New Holland 450 Rollbelt Problems #19  
Kubota and JD are on my short list of balers to consider provided I let NH just take the 450 they sold me away.
Have you considered other brands?
Massey/Heston?
Claas?
Krone?
McHale?

/ New Holland 450 Rollbelt Problems #20  
Not sure about the commenter but I base my bailer purchases on the ability of the local to me dealer and parts availabiliy and none of the ones you list are locally available. Just JD. NH and Kubota.