New Holland and Case IH the same?

/ New Holland and Case IH the same? #11  
   / New Holland and Case IH the same? #12  
It is harder to learn who- and where!- a tractor was built these days. I have a 30+ year old JD 850 that has Kanji characters on the major castings , so we know it was a "Japanese tractor".

Today, LG Tractors (Korea) is not a name we think of when shopping for a CUT. The company began in 1975 as a part of Hyundai in cooperation with Yanmar of Japan.
LG had tie-ups with Mitsubishi and Fiat/New Holland, (CNH Global), and sold tractors under the LG, LG-Fiat and LG-New Holland brands.
They also built tractors for sale by LG Montana, TAFE, LongAgri and Farmtrac in North America.
In 2005, LG Cable split off from LG and became LS Cable. The tractor division became LS Tractors, and tractors began to be sold under the LS and LS-New Holland brands.

It looks like "Made in America, by Americans" is a myth.

The LS Tractor is the same as the New Holland tractor except for the price tag, LS use to build the McCormick tractor as well, they also built the Farmtrac, until the Indians took it over and they use to build the Montana, until they went out of business. They have there fingures in alot of different tractors. I just bought a LS R3039, will let you know how it works out.

/ New Holland and Case IH the same? #13  
The LS Tractor is the same as the New Holland tractor except for the price tag, LS use to build the McCormick tractor as well, they also built the Farmtrac, until the Indians took it over and they use to build the Montana, until they went out of business. They have there fingures in alot of different tractors. I just bought a LS R3039, will let you know how it works out.

the compact tractors only, not anything over 50hp. (LS and NH)

/ New Holland and Case IH the same? #14  
I looked at both the Farmall line of CaseIH CUT and the NH. I don't know about the hydro versions but the gear tractors have very little in common. The NH (I just bought a boomer 35) seems to be laid out very well ergonomically. Once you get into the big tractors they are very similar with the exception of Supersteer...