New Holland Belly guards??

/ New Holland Belly guards?? #1  

Rokdog

Tractor
Boomer 40
Anyone know of or put on a guard to protect all the wires, hoses & filters that are (poorly placed) exposed on the belly of New Hollands? I have a Boomer 40 and just punctured/bent my hydraulic filter with a 2 foot long, 2" branch that kicked up & wedged itself in. :mad: TIA!

/ New Holland Belly guards?? #2  
I experienced the same issue with my hydro filter on a T1030.
I replaced both filters even though the dented Hydro filter was yet to leak.
The bad news is the model numbers change every couple years and the bolt on "guards" become obsolete & unavailable.
I've learned to be very cautious how I use both of my tractors.

/ New Holland Belly guards?? #3  
I made a box type shield for the filters on my M5640 Kubota. Used some threaded holes on the bottom of the transmission as mounting points.

Do a search - I have seen quite a few threads here of people doing similar things. RustyIron is one guy that put a complete guard under his tractor. Plenty of ideas in that thread.

UnderArmor3.JPG

gg

/ New Holland Belly guards?? #4  
I knocked the hydraulic filter off my NH TC33D the third day I owned it when a large flat rock flipped up and hit it. It mangled the filter and snapped the flange the filter mounts to. A couple years later a friend I lent it to did the same thing when he drove over a 2x4 hidden in some tall grass.

Since then, I mounted a belly pan on the subframe for my backhoe. It's been working well. The subframe made for a very easy place to mount the pan.