New Holland- Kubota comparison

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #1  

Oldstuff

Silver Member
Tractor
'63 Ford 2000
I am familair with Kubota as far as which models I would want and want to expand my search to include New Holland. I did a search on here and could not find what I am looking for. I am not looking for price comparisons of this brand is better than that brand. I am looking for a New Holland model that compares to a Kubota from the model years of about 1998 up to and not newer than 2013. I have looked at tractor data and compared weights and horsepowers, but am looking for direct competitors of each other. For example what NH is s direct comparison to a Kubota L3200?

Thanks- Oldstuff

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #2  
Don't much care for any NH tractor, look way to European. Hay tools on the other hand are ****. I have a few.

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #3  
I am familair with Kubota as far as which models I would want and want to expand my search to include New Holland. I did a search on here and could not find what I am looking for. I am not looking for price comparisons of this brand is better than that brand. I am looking for a New Holland model that compares to a Kubota from the model years of about 1998 up to and not newer than 2013. I have looked at tractor data and compared weights and horsepowers, but am looking for direct competitors of each other. For example what NH is s direct comparison to a Kubota L3200?

Thanks- Oldstuff
This is a great question as I have had a similar interest before in the past. If you find this information please post it as I think it would be really interesting to see.

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #4  
You need to research what's important to you and see for yourself the differences. I have experience owning and operating a NH TC55DA EHSS and an M59TLB. Every machine has it's quirks and strengths. My takeaways are:
* kubota parts are cheaper and faster to get than NH
* my M59 is heavier with a better built loader and has more lift capacity, the TC55DA was more of an AG tractor with a light duty loader, pins and bushings all wore out.
* NH had a more comfortable seat and a larger operator station. K tractors tend to be more utilitarian with less operator comforts i.e. K seats really suck and are made for people 5' tall 100 lbs
* NH seemed to have a heavier rear end and better 3PH setup
* both machines had good engines and were 100% reliable
* NH was slightly wider, had bigger tires and was less maneuverable in tight spaces
* I liked the NH for bush hogging, I like the M59 HST better than the NH EHSS

Overall I would have no problem with buying a NH. For me the M59 does more of what I need and is heavier duty. On paper these are both very similar machines. The M59 will get into tighter spaces and out grunt the NH every time.

Last edited:
   / New Holland- Kubota comparison #5  
Don't much care for any NH tractor, look way to European. Hay tools on the other hand are ****. I have a few.
:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

What difference would that make? Maybe the OP has different taste in the way things look than you.
Thread is about 30HP tractor, not other things you own.

Oldstuff, you are on the right track. Keep doing your comparisons and research. NH usually subcontracts their smaller tractors to companies like LS, which are pretty good stuff. Make sure you drive what you are considering if at all possible, and let people who actually own what your looking for (or reasonably close) give you advice.
Both those brands will serve you well. Smart to consider pre-DPF models. I have (2) smaller pre DPF Kubota's with hydrostatic and the smaller 3-cylinder and 4-cylinder diesels and they are pretty much bullet proof. With decent care, they will last 10-20 years easily.

Last edited:
   / New Holland- Kubota comparison #6  
The L3200 was a basic economy tractor with no bells and whistles. Simple and rugged.

The new holland boomers and TC / TC-A series were the competitors.

Though looking back at past models....I dont know what New holland did from 2009-2010.

Seems the boomers started in 2011, and the TC-A series stopped in 2008? So there seems to be a 2-year gap but that may just be incorrect data on tractordata.

I know back when I was first tractor shopping in 2005....I was looking at the L2800/L3400 which were the models directly prior to the L3200/L3800. And at that time I was also directly comparing to the TC29DA and TC34DA

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #7  
I would not be doing my comparison by direct competitor but rather what fits my needs. Wieght, HP, lift capabilities etc. Just looking at a direct competitor from when they were new could leave you not looking at other machines that might be availiable and leave you with the short end of the stick.

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #8  
The TC series (TC29, TC33, TC40 etc,) were built by Shibaura and were tough as nails and built from around 1999 - 2008.

They were replaced by the Boomer line 2009 - Present and are made by LS.

The Workmaster line is their economy line and it came on the scene around 2013. I believe it is also made by LS.

(2008 had a few Shibaura models with different model numbers - Tier 3 - and the TC30 was more of an economy model Shibaua)

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #9  
Also check out the T1510 or T1520. 30 and 35hp tractors. Built 2008-2013.

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison
Thanks for the help from all of you guys. I had been looking at TC29 & 30 because I had heard good things about Shibaura. My original thought was to get a Kubota L series due the the framework being a bit heavier than the B series and I wanted to make sure I was keeping with that original thought with a NH.