New Holland- Kubota comparison

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #11  
Don't much care for any NH tractor, look way to European.

Considering they are owned by FIAT, what would you expect?

I've run a couple NHs and they have been solid tractors. One was an LS-made Boomer and it was fine. Another was a six-cylinder rowcrop tractor made in Europe that was also a nice machine (and also made about 20% more power than advertised), but true to form of being Italian liked to mark its territory in the machine shed with a slow drip of leaking hydraulic fluid.

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #12  
I had a 2003 40 hp Boomer that was fantastic and served me for almost 20 years without a single issue. Then the electrical went to hell. so, I bought a new 2020 60 hp Workmaster to avoid problems, and have had a nightmarish experience. The wiring had been done wrong at the factory according to the dealer and the exhaust cleaning system malfunctioned at about 20 hrs. Then the seat safety switch or something related to it failed and it wouldn't start. Dealer could not find anything wrong. I took it home and it wouldn't start. Took it back in and as we were loading it on a rollback at my expense, engine oil flowed out of the rear of the engine. Apparently the rear engine seal had been leaking all along. It's been three weeks and no word from the dealer.
I tried to talk to the ag customer service guy in PA, to ask what the warranty was and he would not tell me. They had not provided any documentation and I could not find any information on Workmasters on line. He said I had to ask the dealer, which never returns my calls.

I have learned that this tractor was assembled in Hungary and has a Fiat engine. If Florida had a lemon law, I would be using it. At this point I may file a law suit. I will never buy anything from New Holland again. The company has gone to hell.

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #13  
I am familair with Kubota as far as which models I would want and want to expand my search to include New Holland. I did a search on here and could not find what I am looking for. I am not looking for price comparisons of this brand is better than that brand. I am looking for a New Holland model that compares to a Kubota from the model years of about 1998 up to and not newer than 2013. I have looked at tractor data and compared weights and horsepowers, but am looking for direct competitors of each other. For example what NH is s direct comparison to a Kubota L3200?

Thanks- Oldstuff

I think you are over-thinking this. Kubota may not be the best deal in a small to medium size tractor today, but there are a ton of them out there and they are consistently good. Not great, not the cheapest, and not the most expensive. Just consistently good.

It's going to be hard to impossible to find an significant number of New Hollands so you can compare the only thing that really matters - which is how they hold up.
rScotty

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #14  
I am familair with Kubota as far as which models I would want and want to expand my search to include New Holland. I did a search on here and could not find what I am looking for. I am not looking for price comparisons of this brand is better than that brand. I am looking for a New Holland model that compares to a Kubota from the model years of about 1998 up to and not newer than 2013. I have looked at tractor data and compared weights and horsepowers, but am looking for direct competitors of each other. For example what NH is s direct comparison to a Kubota L3200?
I would not be doing my comparison by direct competitor but rather what fits my needs. Wieght, HP, lift capabilities etc. Just looking at a direct competitor from when they were new could leave you not looking at other machines that might be availiable and leave you with the short end of the stick.
"fits my needs" add Regeneration is automatic with no operator requirements. New Holland Workmaster 50 had auto regeneration with no requirements from operator. Some older models may require you to push buttons and let tractor set while it goes through about a 20 to 30 minute regeneration cycle. Lot of New Hollands it is done automatic without any knowledge from operator.

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #15  
I had a 2003 40 hp Boomer that was fantastic and served me for almost 20 years without a single issue. Then the electrical went to hell. so, I bought a new 2020 60 hp Workmaster to avoid problems, and have had a nightmarish experience. The wiring had been done wrong at the factory according to the dealer and the exhaust cleaning system malfunctioned at about 20 hrs. Then the seat safety switch or something related to it failed and it wouldn't start. Dealer could not find anything wrong. I took it home and it wouldn't start. Took it back in and as we were loading it on a rollback at my expense, engine oil flowed out of the rear of the engine. Apparently the rear engine seal had been leaking all along. It's been three weeks and no word from the dealer.
I tried to talk to the ag customer service guy in PA, to ask what the warranty was and he would not tell me. They had not provided any documentation and I could not find any information on Workmasters on line. He said I had to ask the dealer, which never returns my calls.

I have learned that this tractor was assembled in Hungary and has a Fiat engine. If Florida had a lemon law, I would be using it. At this point I may file a law suit. I will never buy anything from New Holland again. The company has gone to hell.
Yep - you found a lemon. Hopefully your dealer will make it good. Seat safety switch is common. When warranty is gone you can easily fix that problem. Add some lead to your ass until warranty does end.
Rear engine seal leaking that bad and no one noticed until.....? Sounds like someone forgot to torque some bolts at the factory.
(Warning they do tell you to check all bolts for tightness and correct torque - so if it leaks or wobbles......)
Maybe that's the reason my 2016 is doing so good. They saved all the bugs for yours. By the way my seat safety switch has only gave me one problem the day after warranty expired on it. Haven't had a bit of trouble from it since. By the way I did check torque on wheel bolts when I bought mine. Every thing OK. Prevented maintenance - buy a can of electrical contact cleaner. New tractors have a lot of electronics just like cars. If they get muddy or dusty along with moisture all those connections can give you a fit. New Age Tractors require New Age Thinking!

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #16  
"I think you are over-thinking this. Kubota may not be the best deal in a small to medium size tractor today, but there are a ton of them out there and they are consistently good. Not great, not the cheapest, and not the most expensive. Just consistently good.

It's going to be hard to impossible to find an significant number of New Hollands so you can compare the only thing that really matters - which is how they hold up.
rScotty"

There are lots of TC model New Hollands out there.

I had a 1998 34 hp New Holland 1925, and have a 2001 32 hp Kubota L3010 GST. Both are excellent tractors, but at that point, the New Holland was more refined.

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #17  
Probably the sleeper of Used New Hollands is the TC35. It is a Shabura built LARGE FRAME CUT which means it will have lots of traction and capabilities. Not common to find, but a good value when you do.

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #18  
Said before and will say again, I'm colorblind but I run large frame Kubota's and have for a long time because I have an exceptional dealer. For me, everything revolves around a dealer and whether he (or she) is attentive to your needs. You can buy the best tractor ever made but if the local dealer is poor, it will wind up being a less than ideal purchase because chances are at some point you will need that dealer for something.
\
I live in decidedly green country but I don't mesh well with the green dealer here so I run orange instead.

/ New Holland- Kubota comparison #19  
Understanding what the direct comparison models are for each brand can get a little tricky since not all brands have the same size tractor within the same class. It might be worth someone starting a thread detailing out what all the direct comparisons would be for each brand for the newbies.

Last edited: