New Holland L230 boom raises while crowding

/ New Holland L230 boom raises while crowding #11  
Is that 4 & 1 plumbed before or after the joystick control?

/ New Holland L230 boom raises while crowding
I dont know, it is just 2 flat face couplers pushed into the 2 of the 5 fittings on my left boom.

Ok so ive been out there trying to figure out using the 4 in one just then. What im trying to achieve is to pick up a shovel full of dirt off a pad with the grab while traveling in reverse. For that to happen i need the booms up with the grab open and reach over the dirt and allow the rear cutting edge of the grab to drag along the ground with the machine in reverse then im trying to close bucket attempting to pinch up the dirt by closing bucket at the same time as lowering booms, and curling bucket back..., sounds easy enough but im really struggling with the seemingly simple operation. Trying to allow the boom to lower at the right speed to compensate for the curling and bucket closing while keeping both cutting edges on the ground at the same time to pinch up the dirt. Now if i try to press the float button while doing this which should in theory keep the rear cutting edge on the ground doesnt seem to work because the float button does not allow the booms to float very much. It only lets the boom float down a few inches which seemed a bit strange. If my float button allowed the booms to lower fully I would have no problems pinching up the dirt as i would only be controling the bucket grab and curl and letting the booms float down naturaly.

Mayby there is something wrong with my float? For a test i dumped bucket fully forward and moved the machine to a small pile of dirt 2 ft high then reversed up to the pile. I lowered boom down untill the bucket teeth were pointing down and touching ground then held in float button and reversed over the pile. As soon as my rear wheels went over the crown of the pile my bucket teeth left the ground and stayed in the air. :( my float doesnt float if that makes sence. It only lets the booms go up and down a little bit similar to what an accumulator would do but not a true float function. Is that normal for a skidsteer or not? Thanks

I can easily get that last shovel full of dirt by hitting it at speed and spraying it into the bucket, i can also get it picked up easily by opening bucket and lowering boom fully and dumping bucket until my rear cutting edge touches ground then simply closing bucket whilst driving forward. What im trying to achieve here is to be able to pick it up whilst travelling in reverse like i have seen others do but my float button not floating like i would like and the unrestricted bucket grab speed along with the clunky thumb button that closes the bucket is making this hard to do.

Ok ive been out there on the machine and found a way to pick up that last bit of dirt in reverse after a backdrag with bucket open. Since my float doesnt allow the boom to lower enough to offset the cam over effect of closing bucket and curlng back.... I found i can do it by pushing down on booms at the end of the backdrag until the front wheels come off the ground then curling and closing bucket at same time at full speed. This allows both cutting edges to remain in contact with the ground and lets me pinch up the dirt. This is the only way i can do it because the boom raises if i try to close bucket which makes the rear cutting edge leave the ground and letting the dirt fall out. I wonder if there is a way to make the float button work as a full floater by opening the boom circuits fully and allowing all the oil to return back to tank rather than just a small amount before holding its position? Why would they make the float not float properly?

Ahaaaaaa. Men.... Ive got a grin from ear to ear because ive just fixed the float button and Ive also fixed the load carrying "glide ride" button. This machine apparantly DOES have the glide ride option fitted but since ive had the machine i thought it must not have been optioned on mine because the button didnt do anything when i pressed it or held it in. So for the last half hr ive been reading the owners manual and it displays lots of different types of joysticks that the machine may have in it. I found the picture of my joystick and GUESS WHAT I FOUND OUT????? Hahaha, it turns out ive been holding in the glide ride button instead of the float button which explains exactly why my boom only floats up and down a little bit.... And the button i thought that didnt work for my glide ride feature turns out is the actual FLOAT button but it needs to be pressed then slight forward movement of joystick to activate it.

Oh man, im happy as a pig in **** right now because the machine works fine and i can do what i wanted it to do but feel a bit silly by using the wrong button for the last 157 hours Hahaha. Cheers men and thanks.

/ New Holland L230 boom raises while crowding #17  
Glad you figured it out. As the old saying goes, when all else fails, read the instructions. :)