new holland mower on mahindra

/ new holland mower on mahindra #1  

TZnightmare

Tractor
TZ24da that is down right now.Mahindra emax just purchased
Hey guys,anyone ever put a diferant mower brand on another tractor? I bought a Mahindra E max 25,the tractor in and of itself is ok.I could not afford the mower package when I opted to have a cab because of health issues.So I installed my New holland cm60 mower underneath after pain stakingly building the lift arms(ya gotta buy a mower if ya want them on this tractor)and bolting them on the frame.So I'm pretty proud of myself......till I turn the PTO on and notice the mower isn't working very well,so I take a look.....yup ....Blades are turning backwards.Am I the only fool that never checked mid PTO turning direction?It would appear that I would have to buy Mahindra mower that obviously has a gear box that turns the other direction.I just ***-sumed that all PTO's turned the same direction.

/ new holland mower on mahindra #2  
visit other makes lots and see what direction their pto's turn. then look for either that mower or a gear box on craigs list ebay etc. while at dealers pickup one of the equipment or auction magazines and look for wrecking yards, their some that specialize in compact tractors. you might get lucky and find a wrecked Mahindra with a mower.
good luck.

/ new holland mower on mahindra
visit other makes lots and see what direction their pto's turn. then look for either that mower or a gear box on craigs list ebay etc. while at dealers pickup one of the equipment or auction magazines and look for wrecking yards, their some that specialize in compact tractors. you might get lucky and find a wrecked Mahindra with a mower.
good luck.

Thank you Joe48,that is something I would not have thought to do.I've been in fluid power all my life and I never thought to check a tractors PTO for direction.I just asumed they were all clock wise.I will check out the compact tractor salvage.I know they have one somewhere in our area because when I thought about trading in my New holland tz24 they were going to sell it to one of those places.Thanks again

/ new holland mower on mahindra #4  
Wouldn't that mean the discharge is on the 'other' side, too ? or is it a rear discharge mower ? Looks like a CM60 is a left side discharge (which is rare in mower-land,2 IMHO).

/ new holland mower on mahindra #5  
If the blades are pretty level, I would take a grinder and put an edge on the backsides of each blade and try that. If they are angled for lift, that suggestion might not work so well. Not the best solution, but it might work well enough to save you so more time, money, and effort. Of course, the discharge thing might still be a problem.

There is such a thing as a PTO reverser used on some of import tractors that have PTO's that turn the opposite direction of most standard tractor PTO's. Never really seen one, so I don't know if it would even have a chance to work.?

/ new holland mower on mahindra
Wouldn't that mean the discharge is on the 'other' side, too ? or is it a rear discharge mower ? Looks like a CM60 is a left side discharge (which is rare in mower-land,2 IMHO).

The cm60 is a right side discharge as is the Mahindra 60 inch.I may look into the pto reverser,as I've not heard of that before,however my wife suggested something similar like reversing the gear box.I'll keep you all posted.