New Holland T1520 BREAKS in Two?

/ New Holland T1520 BREAKS in Two? #42  
I own a 99 model 1720...
I would love to put a backhoe and front end loader on it in the future as funds allow...
I would not hesitate for one moment to do so...
The only instances of these breakages have occurred with 3 pt. backhoes...
This is to my knowledge...
New Holland makes and markets great tractors...

/ New Holland T1520 BREAKS in Two? #43  
EX3200 said:
I guess the question is this: Are there or are there not a higher number of these New Holland models that experience a very similar failure (breaking in half) compared to similar tractors from other manufacturers? I'm not making a statement, just asking the question.

Whether the individual cases were the result of misuse is irrelevant IMO. All other things being equal, I'm sure the same precentage of owners of other tractor brands misuse their machines in the same way, so the failure rate should be comparable, unless there are factors that I'm unaware of.

What caught my attention was not that there were people out there who had problems with a tractor. What caught my attention was the number of apparent first hand reports of failures that were the same type of failure. That looks like a design flaw unless it's a disinformation campaign.

Well, I have to disagree with misuse not being relevant. I'd bet a month's pay it had some part in it. I'd bet a years pay it also had something to do with a 3 point backhoe, too.

/ New Holland T1520 BREAKS in Two? #44  
TheHammer said:
Well, I have to disagree with misuse not being relevant. I'd bet a month's pay it had some part in it. I'd bet a years pay it also had something to do with a 3 point backhoe, too.

But unless people are abusing NH's to a greater degree, and unless people are using 3-point backhoes to a greater degree with the NH models in question, would it not indicate a weakness in the NH (or conversely a strength in the competetors tractors) that causes this failure to be seen more often with the NH's?

/ New Holland T1520 BREAKS in Two? #45  
Yes, it may. It may also be as Messick mentioned earlier that one person was using multiple usernames and posting on multiple websites about this. It just as easily could have been a Kubota, JD, Kioti, Mahindra, Yanmar, etc. To me it just sounds like one person with a grudge trying to get "revenge".

/ New Holland T1520 BREAKS in Two? #46  
Posts on the Internet are data points which may be true or false. We've already been informed it was not multiple 'apparent first hand reports', it was one. They do not represent a trend of anything nor do they indicate anything about the brand. Anyone who draws conclusions from them is making a mistake.

/ New Holland T1520 BREAKS in Two? #47  
Would it be possible for people or people's who had an interest in quelling negative publicity about thier products to create a propaganda campaign via internet forums using the same IP addresses knowing that they will be recognised as being the same person with an axe to grind which would put doubt on anything said about the product ? I'm not saying for one minute that it is the case but it seems it would be very easy to me .

/ New Holland T1520 BREAKS in Two? #48  
Iron Horse said:
Would it be possible for people or people's who had an interest in quelling negative publicity about thier products to create a propaganda campaign via internet forums using the same IP addresses knowing that they will be recognized as being the same person with an axe to grind which would put doubt on anything said about the product ? I'm not saying for one minute that it is the case but it seems it would be very easy to me .

:D :D

I like your thinking, IH.

I personally have a BIL, 15 miles up the road from me, who has a broke-in-half NH TLB, fixed it once (maybe twice, I need to get that part straight) and it is currently sitting at his mechanic's as he is not sure it's worth fixing again. Last I checked, I have not posted this on any other forums. (Maybe our moderators could verify this for me) :rolleyes: