New Holland TC 30 stalling

/ New Holland TC 30 stalling #1  

cedar21

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC 30
My New Holland TC 30 has been stalling lately. Sometimes it just dies, and other times it loses power and then recovers, or sort of surges. I have cleaned the fuel filter and bled the lines at the injectors. I am wondering if it could be the fuel injection pump, and how to test it. Any thoughts on whether I am on the right track here, and how to test the pump?

/ New Holland TC 30 stalling
I don't think the symptoms my tractor is having are the same as described in the video. The tractor acts like it is going to die, but then recovers. Only once in a while does the engine stop completely. It ran OK for about half an hour today and then started doing the same thing again.

/ New Holland TC 30 stalling #4  
Floaters in the fuel tank.?? Clogged outlet screen in the fuel tank.??
Pull the line coming out of the tank & drain into a bucket..
Does it have an on/off valve.?? either on the fuel filter or at the tank??
its not uncommon for them to work themselves to a "mid" shut off position, or get a small clog right there..
I doubt its an inj. pump problem.

It does have a shut off valve, and I have checked that. I will check to see if it has an outlet screen at the fuel tank, and also check for a clog at the shut off valve. Thanks for the ideas.

/ New Holland TC 30 stalling #6  
u got slime/algae floaters sounds like/fuel restriction

I am not able to look into the tank from the top of the fuel tank, because of how the filler tube is configured. I drained the tank and changed the fuel filter about a month ago, though did not check to see if there was a screen where the line goes out of the tank. The fuel filter did not look especially dirty. There was a bit of sediment in the bowl, and I cleaned that out.

I have not figured out what is causing the tractor to lose power and stall yet. I drained the tank, removed the fuel lines and blew compressed air though the lines. Blew compressed air through the breather tube and the fuel filter, refilled with fuel, bled the lines, and it is still doing the same thing. I did notice that the fuel shut of valve seems to be broken to where it stays open no matter what position it is in. There seems to be good fuel flow at the line where it goes into the injector pump. I have been using off road diesel that is sold at the local farm co-op. Could it be bad diesel? The tractor has had the problem off and on for the past year, but it is getting much worse lately. I have not located the filter at the tank, if there is one there.

/ New Holland TC 30 stalling #9  
"IF" your tractor has an outlet filter, it would be on the end of the outlet/feed pipe connection..
Some do & some don't..

I looked at a parts diagram online, and it does not show a filter at the tank outlet pipe.