New Holland TC30

/ New Holland TC30 #1  

john sard

Tractor
new holland tc30,ford 1920,ford 9N
Bought a front mount snow blower, for my TC30 with manual transmission. Dealer told me I would need a mid PTO. Bought the kit. Says (in the instructions. yes I read them!!!) it takes two hours to install the kit."How bad can it be", says I. Pull the TC30 into the garage (with no heat) and drain the trans down. Removed the left wheel and fender. Used a sky hook to hold up the cab.Then the plate on the bottom of the trans. When I opened the parts box, I realized the parts were not going to fit through that little hole in the bottom of the trans housing. I said a long string of expletives, that I didn't even know I knew, but I felt better, as I commenced to put things back together, realizing I had to split the TC30.

Went back into the house, after I cleaned up the garage floor (the drain pan wasn't large enough) and told the wife, there would not be a snow blower on that tractor, 'til weather (15F here in NY) warms up.

So, now I'm looking for a manual that will tell me how to split the TC30, that's what led me to this site. Have done older models (9N,600 and 4000) but never one of these. My years (74 of them) have taught me to read first, before doing. This project, has taught me to look into the parts box, after reading but before doing.

Thanks for listening, I just needed to "spout off".

/ New Holland TC30 #2  
Check on Ebay. You can usually find manuals in print form that have to be shipped or others that are downloadable immediately after you pay for them. Ask in the NH owning and operating forum if any one has ever installed a mid mount on a tc 30. I just looked at the parts break down on the NH web site and it looks like a major project. You may want to see what you local NH dealer would charge to install it
Bill

/ New Holland TC30
Check on Ebay. You can usually find manuals in print form that have to be shipped or others that are downloadable immediately after you pay for them. Ask in the NH owning and operating forum if any one has ever installed a mid mount on a tc 30. I just looked at the parts break down on the NH web site and it looks like a major project. You may want to see what you local NH dealer would charge to install it
Bill

Hi Bill, Thanks for the reply. I'm in search for the manual, haven't found it yet, but Tractor Supply says they can order it.
Mama says,"you have the tools and equipment, why go to the dealer?" All I need now, is enough time off from my "part time" job. Always wondered what I'd do in retirement, I'm busier now, than when I was working. Splitting the tractor doesn't worry me, been there before. Just wanted the manual "in case"...
John

/ New Holland TC30 #4  
There are 3 on ebay now ranging in price from 150 to 300. The reason I suggested the dealer was I didn't know how mechanicly inclined you were or if you had the right equipment to do the job.
Bill

/ New Holland TC30 #5  
You can go directly to New Holland and order the manual that covers what you need. There's one listed for $9.16 that covers quick hitch, subframe, and MID Pto Drive initial installation. I'm not sure if this covers what you need or not. The URL is Technical Publications.

/ New Holland TC30
Thanks guys, Found the material I wanted on e-bay. Now, if the snow and cold will let up, we'll get 'er done.
I am going to have a chat with the guy, that told me this was a two hour job.
John

/ New Holland TC30 #7  
I know this thread is a few years old but wanted to shed light on my experience. Purchased a TC30, manual transmission 9x3 w/ aftermarket front loader. Wanted mid pto for a belly mower I wanted to use. The kit I purchased is part number 710801036 and I did not have to split the tractor for the install. I did have to remove the left rear wheel and left rear fender to make space. Luckily the install instructions came with the kit, had to use the mid pto cavity and remove a rear plug under the rear pto to install the parts. The instructions stated 2 hr job, it took me between 3-4. Since kit was a hefty amount, wanted to verify how hard the install instructions are, found a site on this forum that included the instructions for a few bucks before I made the purchase. Link here http: //dmcretail.com/productSearch.aspx.

/ New Holland TC30 #8  
I know this thread is a few years old but wanted to shed light on my experience. Purchased a TC30, manual transmission 9x3 w/ aftermarket front loader. Wanted mid pto for a belly mower I wanted to use. The kit I purchased is part number 710801036 and I did not have to split the tractor for the install. I did have to remove the left rear wheel and left rear fender to make space. Luckily the install instructions came with the kit, had to use the mid pto cavity and remove a rear plug under the rear pto to install the parts. The instructions stated 2 hr job, it took me between 3-4. Since kit was a hefty amount, wanted to verify how hard the install instructions are, found a site on this forum that included the instructions for a few bucks before I made the purchase. Link here http: //dmcretail.com/productSearch.aspx.

Glad you were successful at the end. Late better than never:thumbsup: