New Holland TN75f won t start.

/ New Holland TN75f won t start. #1  

simonpd

Tractor
New Holland tn 75 f
Hello,
I have issues with a new Holland Tn75f tractor.
I recently got it since it was put at side and not used for 4 years after loss of power and "strange sound".
I m now trying to start it up to hear it myself, but so far without having it running.
Put a new accu in.
When i m cranking it looks to go very slow/hard although the accu is new and fully charged.
I did loose the fuel line on each injector while starting and it has fuel on every injector.
Nothing happend. Some black diesel smoke puffing out of the exhaust but it won t fire up of run.
Anyone a clue where to search now?
Could it be the injectors them self?
Of should i start worrying about major engine trouble inside?
Best regards,

Simon

/ New Holland TN75f won t start. #2  
I've had tractors that wouldn't start. When all seemß right but it still won't start. Put it in high gear and pull with a truck or another tractor. Then once it gets started, it starts on its own after that.

If it's a computer type, check the crank position sensor. Sitting a few years, check wires for rat chews. You should be able to by pass or disable most of the rest. If it has variable cam timing, have to have it, so check wires or volt meter check its performance.. The run position on a VCT will not let it start. Default is RUN, so if it is not working or not getting power it won't change the timing to the start position. Also, check all grounds, they are the lifeline in this electronic age.

You have to have a healthy fuel supply at them thar injectors. Not just a little wetness. So if it has a little lift pump before injection pump, especially one of the gold colored electric primer pumps. Just because it makes noise does not mean it is pumping anything whatsoever. The biggest headache of my recent life experience has been gold primer pumps.

/ New Holland TN75f won t start. #3  
Hello,
I have issues with a new Holland Tn75f tractor.
I recently got it since it was put at side and not used for 4 years after loss of power and "strange sound".
I m now trying to start it up to hear it myself, but so far without having it running.
Put a new accu in.
When i m cranking it looks to go very slow/hard although the accu is new and fully charged.
I did loose the fuel line on each injector while starting and it has fuel on every injector.
Nothing happend. Some black diesel smoke puffing out of the exhaust but it won t fire up of run.
Anyone a clue where to search now?
Could it be the injectors them self?
Of should i start worrying about major engine trouble inside?
Best regards,

Simon
What's the ambient temperature you are trying to start in? What SAE oil grade do you have in the crankcase? What's the state of charge for the battery? What's an "accu"? Have you used any starting aids (block heater, Thermostart)? Have you bled the fuel delivery system? Have you checked the compression?

/ New Holland TN75f won t start. #4  
If you've not done so, check the air filter and the air path to the engine intake. Sitting that long mice could have nested in there blocking air flow or the filter could be clogged with dirt.

/ New Holland TN75f won t start.
What's the ambient temperature you are trying to start in? What SAE oil grade do you have in the crankcase? What's the state of charge for the battery? What's an "accu"? Have you used any starting aids (block heater, Thermostart)? Have you bled the fuel delivery system? Have you checked the compression?
Battery is new, fuel system bled, temperature outside is good. Compression not yet tested.
I started with the easy things....

If you've not done so, check the air filter and the air path to the engine intake. Sitting that long mice could have nested in there blocking air flow or the filter could be clogged with dirt.
Filter looks fine. No dirt inside

Accu is battery

/ New Holland TN75f won t start. #9  
Are you using the glow plugs when trying to start? Warm for 20 sec and keep on while trying to start. As a last resort you may need to give it a snort (starting fluid).

/ New Holland TN75f won t start. #10  
Have you used starting fluid to see if it helps?