Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing New Honda snow blower

/ New Honda snow blower #1  

crazyal

Tractor
Kubota, Case, Deere
A good friend is thinking of buying a Honda walk behind snow blower so I started looking at them (not that I need another blower). Then this caught my eye.

Honda Power Equipment - HS1336IAS

It's a Hybrid (24volt electric/ 13hp gas) snow blower. It retails for $7999.00. Wow. Makes justifying that front mount blower for the tractor much easier. :laughing:

/ New Honda snow blower #2  
I like Honda products; but I won't be buying that puppy anytime soon because of the price.

/ New Honda snow blower #3  
A neighbour has a property maintenance and snow removal business and specializes in areas inaccessible to tractor-mounted equipment. He has a gas/electric Honda (don't know if it's this model, but he said it cost over $7K) and he is thorougly impressed with it, says it's the best blower he's ever owned. If I recall correctly, on his the engine drives the impeller and auger directly and the tracks and chute are electric drive.

/ New Honda snow blower #4  
540 lbs.... what a beast.

/ New Honda snow blower #6  
mjncad said:
I like Honda products; but I won't be buying that puppy anytime soon because of the price.

The EU generator/inverters are soooooo quiet. Pricey, but quiet. If I go stand alone, thinking Honda would be worth the money.

/ New Honda snow blower #7  
A good friend is thinking of buying a Honda walk behind snow blower so I started looking at them (not that I need another blower). Then this caught my eye.

Honda Power Equipment - HS1336IAS

It's a Hybrid (24volt electric/ 13hp gas) snow blower. It retails for $7999.00. Wow. Makes justifying that front mount blower for the tractor much easier. :laughing:

Hello Al,

For that kind of money I would buy the BCS unit with diesel or gas power with the 32 inch Berta two stage snow caster or the heavier 32 inch tracked Yamaha from the Yamaha dealer in Labrador. The main advantage for the BCS is it can be used the year round which makes it a better value for most climates.

/ New Honda snow blower #8  
The EU generator/inverters are soooooo quiet. Pricey, but quiet. If I go stand alone, thinking Honda would be worth the money.

Where I'm at, snowfall requiring a walk behind snowblower of that Honda's caliber is hit and miss; but a generator that can be used year round, and I like quiet.

/ New Honda snow blower #9  
Wonder how hard it is to spin that beast around go the other direction? A friend had a smaller tracked Honda and said they were effective, but a pain to maneuver.

/ New Honda snow blower
They have a bar in the center of the tracks that pushes down and makes them real easy to spin around. If you don't know it's there then they would be hard.