New house for tractor coming

/ New house for tractor coming #1  

TractorLarry

Gold Member
Well, now that I got all the fencing done, and the dog run re-designed, I have room for a REAL tractor shed :)

The current "Pup-Tent" style I'm using now did very well over the winter, but I want my driveway back and a more permanent shed.

I finally found a steel/resin shed that has a door big enough to get through:

Sheds.com: Resin/Steel 8' x 9' Storage Building

Door opening is big enough for a 54" deck (so it says). The opening is just under 60", which is fine for my 48" deck.

Looks nice too.

Don't let the $599 price fool you though. That's just the start. After the floor kit and anchor kit, not to mention shipping (which is horrid for 700 pounds of stuff), it comes in at just under $1000.

I've been looking for a long time. This is the first 8 X 9 I've found with a big enough door.

-Larry

/ New house for tractor coming #2  
That's a nice looking shed. Let us know how it is to put up.

/ New house for tractor coming #3  
That is about the same type of shed we put up two summers ago, and so far so good, excellent little sheds- should last a lifetime, and no painting or maintenance required. (I call it the Playskool shed LOL!) I made a platform for ours with treated 2x4's, and used 1/2" treated plywood on the platform. I dug the sod out and imbedded the platform in the ground, then lag bolted the shed to it. It was about $150 additional for the wood for the platform, but well worth it to support the weight of the tractor and other junk we have inside it. The shed itself is relatively easy to construct, I had the whole project done in about 3 long afternoons. I think ours is 10x12 with a big double door, and total cost was around $1000, that being we bought it at a local BJ's wholesale and brought it home in a pickup, so no shipping costs.
-Fordlords-

/ New house for tractor coming #4  
Very nice shed. I was looking at purchasing one for my house this year but instead, I cleaned the garage real nice and found the room I needed by doing all closet maid heavy duty shelving.

/ New house for tractor coming #5  
I just had to build it to have a place to hide my collection of classic junk small engines, seized string trimmers, and stuck chain saws :)

-Fordlords-

/ New house for tractor coming
What I like about this one is unlike some cheaper plastic sheds, this one has a real steel 'frame' or 'skeleton' to it. That should make it a lot stronger than the all-plastic, snap together models.

At around 700 pounds for everything, I'm glad I bought the wagon for the tractor. The delivery company will just dump it in the drive way most likely, and I'll be hauling it around back a wagon load of pieces at a time :)

Here are the assembly manuals if you want to see how it's built:

http://www.sheds.com/manuals/pdf/amanuals/English 713710306.pdf

http://www.sheds.com/manuals/pdf/amanuals/English 713880506.pdf

-Larry

/ New house for tractor coming #7  
Consider that a 54 inch cut deck is wider than 54 inches and don't forget that discharge chute

Correct. Mine is a 48" deck, and the actual door opening is just under 60 inches. They allowed for that.

I should be fine.

I can always flip up the discharge if I have to, which in fact is what I have to do now with the current 'tent'.

-Larry

MrJimi said:
Consider that a 54 inch cut deck is wider than 54 inches and don't forget that discharge chute

/ New house for tractor coming #9  
I just looked and I thought the shed we had was from Rubbermaid, but it was made by a company called, "Lifetime." It is steel re-enforced inside, just about everything is secured with allen head sheet metal screws. After it was put together, a neighbor up the street who rents an apartment asked if she could move in :)

-Fordlords-

LOL!

-Larry

Fordlords said:
I just looked and I thought the shed we had was from Rubbermaid, but it was made by a company called, "Lifetime." It is steel re-enforced inside, just about everything is secured with allen head sheet metal screws. After it was put together, a neighbor up the street who rents an apartment asked if she could move in :)

-Fordlords-