New Implement Shed

/ New Implement Shed #1  

Storm56

Platinum Member
Tractor
N/A
A few pics of the implement shed that a few friends and I built over the last 2 weeks. This all started when I purchased the new McCormick this year and did not have enough space in the garage. I also had several items that I was storing under tarps which my wife just hated. So what else to do but put up another building!

Attachments

• P8140003.JPG
    P8140003.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 305
  • P8160006.JPG
    P8160006.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 266
  • P8270009.JPG
    P8270009.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 475
  • P9020022.JPG
    P9020022.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 594
   / New Implement Shed #2  
A few pics of the implement shed that a few friends and I built over the last 2 weeks. This all started when I purchased the new McCormick this year and did not have enough space in the garage. I also had several items that I was storing under tarps which my wife just hated. So what else to do but put up another building!

Looks good! 16x32?

/ New Implement Shed
Thanks! 20x40

/ New Implement Shed #4  
Looks good, what did you coat the bottom of the posts with?

Russ

/ New Implement Shed #5  

Good looking shed. I built a 20x28 ft version a few years ago for my haying equipment.

/ New Implement Shed
Looks good, what did you coat the bottom of the posts with?

Russ

I wrapped them with 90# felt paper and used ice & snow shield on bottom of the poles. I figure they will be around longer than me!

/ New Implement Shed
Thanks for the compliment!

Ice & snow shield is a tarpaper like product that has a sticky side and is designed to adhere to the plywood on a roof and stick fast. The sticky part seals around the nails that would be used to put shingles on. It is used on the bottom 3 feet or so of the roofs in northern climates that are subject to ice dam buildup.

I just had some left over from the house that I built 3 years ago and felt that it would be a good product to use on the bottom of the pole. Just trying to do what I could within reason to make the poles last as long as possible. It is much easier to take a few minutes and prep the pole before it goes in the ground than digging them up later!

Last edited:
   / New Implement Shed #10  
Id love that but would want doors on front. Now if I knew how Id be in business