New Iseki/Bolens owner some questions

/ New Iseki/Bolens owner some questions #1  

wheelbuilder

Platinum Member
Tractor
1988 Bolens/Iseki 1502, also Sears GT5000
I've picked up a Bolens/Iseki 1502 tractor. She runs well and has always been stored inside. It has a 6/2 transmission and the Mitsubishi K3A diesel. I'm new to tractor ownership, but I've run some in my past.

I do have a couple questions. It came with a 3 point finish mower - Bolens 1348. The manual lists part #'s for everything. I was hoping to get spare belts, but I can't find the p/n in any cross reference. (it's 1812189 - described as a W64 V-Belt) any ideas ?

Also, the tractor lists SAE 80w oil for the transmission, is there a consensus as to what that actually is ? Is UTF/303 the same animal ?

Thanks,
Aaron

/ New Iseki/Bolens owner some questions #2  
Congratulations on the acquisition and welcome to the forums! I can't help you with the mower belt but from my experience an acceptable oil for the transmission is any universal transmission and hydraulic fluid which can be obtained from your local shopping center. I'm sure you can find someone who can break down all the technicalities as to why a certain oil is better than others, but time and time again the biggest problems I've ever seen with oil are the lack thereof, not the wrong kind. That doesn't mean you can stick kerosene "oil" in your transmission but I think you get the point. Happy tractoring!

/ New Iseki/Bolens owner some questions
I found a number that was readable on one of the belts. The 1348 deck has 2 NAPA belts, 5L630W on it. These are 63 inches long and have a top width of .66 inches. Supposed to be good for 17 how.

/ New Iseki/Bolens owner some questions #4  
I've picked up a Bolens/Iseki 1502 tractor. She runs well and has always been stored inside. It has a 6/2 transmission and the Mitsubishi K3A diesel. I'm new to tractor ownership, but I've run some in my past.

I do have a couple questions. It came with a 3 point finish mower - Bolens 1348. The manual lists part #'s for everything. I was hoping to get spare belts, but I can't find the p/n in any cross reference. (it's 1812189 - described as a W64 V-Belt) any ideas ?

Also, the tractor lists SAE 80w oil for the transmission, is there a consensus as to what that actually is ? Is UTF/303 the same animal ?

Thanks,
Aaron

Often with Bolens, Iseki it comes down to matching things up from other sources. Belts are an easy match up at an electric motor shop. Even a farm store can match them with what they have.