New JD 1023e Owner Question

/ New JD 1023e Owner Question
dmay said:
Hi Sheila,

I think we need more details before we can answer you correctly:

What is the typical snow fall you deal with clearing?
How long and steep are your 2 driveways and private road?
What do you use for accomplishing the same snow removal today?
Liist all the attachments you currently have for the 1023e.
What additional budget do you have to spend?

I would say on average 4 to 6 inches once a week during a heavy winter. Worst case for my area.
My two car width driveway is about 200ft long and is paved. I also live on a 1/4 mile private road. There is another person that plows the street. Would be nice if I could help out once and a while.
Today I only take care of my driveway and have a 28" walk behind snow thrower.
I only have the front end loader and a 60" mowing deck. I also have some craftsman attachments that will be used. I ordered a sleeve hitch conversion kit so I can use them. My craftsman attachments that I plan on using include my cultivator and rock rake. Both are very sturdy pieces of equipment.
Honestly, budget is an issue. I really need to think about that. With that said though, what would be my cheapest way to get started knowing that I still have my snow thrower for this season.

/ New JD 1023e Owner Question
Gizmo2 said:
Now we're gettin ready to spend some money.:D
Careful Sheila we all like to spend other peoples money:D and you will love every minute of it.

That's funny! All of your posts have been very helpful. Seems like a wonderful group of people.

/ New JD 1023e Owner Question #13  
With your conditions and under the circumstances I would get a ballast box for use with the FEL and call it a day for now. You will be really amazed at what you can do with a FEL. NAH! I'd still get the front blade.:D Do it once and don't look back and I am sure you would get a better price now than later.

/ New JD 1023e Owner Question #14  
Yep, front blade, ballast box and tire chains. :thumbsup: