Comparison New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D
Just got a text from the dealer around 6 PM. Delivery tomorrow right to my house......so pics tomorrow night. :) After I play around with it for a while of course! First thing on the list of things to do is to fill the rear tires. Any recommendations for ballast/tire weight?

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #12  
Congrats! I just bought a new JD tractor as well. Can't beat the 0% financing. Expecting it next week

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #13  
Just got a text from the dealer around 6 PM. Delivery tomorrow right to my house......so pics tomorrow night. :) After I play around with it for a while of course! First thing on the list of things to do is to fill the rear tires. Any recommendations for ballast/tire weight?

Have the dealer fill the tires with Rim Guard.

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #14  
I bought a new 3032e with the 305 loader a few months ago, and overall like the tractor. What I didn't like is the leakdown rate on the loader. JD engineering says up to 7.5" per hour of leakdown is acceptable. That's a subject in itself. What I would like to share is that JD considers the 3032e and 3038e a "lower spec tractor" (their term). When I looked at tractors, I originally liked the size of the 2000 series, but felt like I could get more tractor in the 3000 series for the money. I remember the salesman saying the 2000 series is a "premium" tractor, but I didn't give that much thought. What this really boils down to is JD is battling the "3rd world" tractors with machines like the 3000 series. I'm the type of guy who thinks everything John Deere builds (other than Home Depot lawn tractors) is a premium, well-engineered machine. Personally, I think JD would be better off going back to building nothing but "premium" tractors. If they cost more, fine. If you're a company with a name and reputation like JD, you should want to put your name on nothing but a premium machine. I understand competition quite well, but when you start sacrificing quality to compete, you're going down a dangerous path. One last note- the 3032e has an aluminum rear axle housing, and I'm fine with aluminum. What I neglected to consider is that the tail end of the tractor is really light without ballast. The Kubota 3200 has an iron housing. The 3200 has 3 gear ranges versus 2 on the JD. I thought 2 would be fine, and for the most part it is, but what I missed is that a 3rd range would probably give me a lower ratio in low, which would be helpful. Would I buy another 3032e? Probably, but go in with eyes wide open.

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #15  
I'm the type of guy who thinks everything John Deere builds (other than Home Depot lawn tractors) is a premium, well-engineered machine. Personally, I think JD would be better off going back to building nothing but "premium" tractors. If they cost more, fine. If you're a company with a name and reputation like JD, you should want to put your name on nothing but a premium machine. I understand competition quite well, but when you start sacrificing quality to compete, you're going down a dangerous path.

Might want to check into it, but I don't think JD actually builds their own compact tractors. From what I've read on this forum, it appears that most of them are built by Yanmar. The number of people who truly believe that JD is a superior product seems to be dwindling, if sales of other tractors are any indicator. Most times, the big brag that I hear from deer is that they can source parts more quickly, and have more parts available if you have something break. their advantage might be down to a day at this point, if any advantage at all.

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #16  
I've got a 3038e and am generally happy with it. Cost was a real consideration for a retired guy with a limited budget. I felt the JD gave me more for my money than the competition - but a part is also based on the quality of the local dealers. I have not experienced the leak down issue others have written about here. Just this week I left the bucket full of heavy snow while I went in for a hot lunch. I returned 90 minutes later and found the bucket almost exactly where I left it - almost to the inch. But I do not like the lightness of the tractor, and it's narrow width. I usually leave a box blade or heavy implement on the tractor all the time to help... In addition to having the tires filled. But I'm still not wild about it. As for the narrowness, I am about to go for wheel extenders on the back - particularly now that I understand JD will be making them.

Were I to do it all over again, I'd still go with the JD, but a larger model - screw the budget. It has a better fit for large me than the orange or red alternatives.

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #17  
Might want to check into it, but I don't think JD actually builds their own compact tractors. From what I've read on this forum, it appears that most of them are built by Yanmar. The number of people who truly believe that JD is a superior product seems to be dwindling, if sales of other tractors are any indicator. Most times, the big brag that I hear from deer is that they can source parts more quickly, and have more parts available if you have something break. their advantage might be down to a day at this point, if any advantage at all.

Most of them are built by John Deere. The 1 series, 3x20's, 4x20's, the 3038, and the 3032 are John Deere built. The 4x20's have John Deere engines in them as well. The rest have Yanmar engines. The new, yet to be released, tier 4 4x20 replacements will have Yanmar engines.
The 2 series is built completely by Yanmar (I think there are 3 models), and maybe the 3005, 4005. So it's a pretty small fraction that is built by Yanmar. The lawn tractors, and Zero turns are also built by John Deere.
I agree with the guy who says he wishes JD would only focus on their premium models....screw the budget.

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #18  
You are correct, Yanmar is in some sort of partnership with JD. But my last Deere, a 4010 compact, was a Yanmar, and I loved it. I think JD would have considered it a "premium" product, though. I guess at the end of the day, stockholders want to see growth and profit, and Deere is no exception to what stockholders want.

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #19  
heck as long as they are telling you it's not a premium tractor hence the E I ok with that

/ New JD 3032e or '04 NH TC33D #20  

I think all deere under 50hp are built at their plant in India.