New JD 3038e, busted the chains??

/ New JD 3038e, busted the chains?? #21  
I can't get my chains completely tight either. I guess built in safety factor.

/ New JD 3038e, busted the chains?? #22  
You don't want totally tight, a little slop is fine.

As long as that sucker aint chewing your tire. ;)

/ New JD 3038e, busted the chains?? #23  
Just busted my chain on my stabilizer link. Must be some weak chain links. I normally snug them up but didn't while using disc harrow tonight. Guess I'll be going to the hardware store for some quick links. Otherwise have been real impressed with the 3032e. Pulled a 5' discs with no problem.

/ New JD 3038e, busted the chains?? #24  
Busted the other side in less than an hour later!! Replaced with two quick link chain repair links and disced the entire field with no problems. Must be a bad batch of steel on those links. But my dealer will definately hear about this!

/ New JD 3038e, busted the chains?? #25  
Busted the rod holding the drag links and sway chains. Snapped it right in half!! John deere was real good about getting new part for me and I replaced it myself. Brush hogged rest of field with no problem. By the way there was a made in the usa sticker on the new part. Wondering about the original one?:mad: Will post picture of it soon.

/ New JD 3038e, busted the chains?? #26  
Just how tight are you wrenching those down ?

/ New JD 3038e, busted the chains?? #27  
Finger tight then about half a turn with wrench. No more than I did with my mahindra and never had a problem with that. Here is a picture of the snapped rod. Don't know where it was made but the new part said made in usa and I havent had any problem since.

Attachments

• 100_3198.jpg
    100_3198.jpg
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 292
  • 100_3199.jpg
    100_3199.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 547